New filing on ecourts re MB

Well not until that fateful night when we had to wear the goggles to bathe a dog!

12 Likes

And what would you say is the best thing to use to bathe the dog in that situation?

One might at the emergency clinic, the door opened and a wave of skunk hit us behind the counter.
Guy came up and told us his dog had been sprayed.
Tech said yes, we know, and handed him out info sheet on deskunking, telling him the CVS around the corner had everything he needed.

He asked if he could pay us to bathe the dog.

Before I could say anything, the tech looked him in the eye and said, “If you bring that dog through the door, you will be charged $500.”

He left.

26 Likes
  • ¼ cup of baking soda.
  • 1-2 teaspoons of mild dishwashing detergent like Ivory Snow.
  • 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution.
  • Mix in a bucket and use immediately.
  • Work the foaming mixture well into the coat.
  • Leave on for five minutes.
  • Rinse with warm water.

This was developed by a DVM and his buddy who was a chemist, based on the composition of the “fragrance” in question.

29 Likes

Thanks, I had forgotten about that letter.

And again - will there be something filed that states all matters have been resolved? Or will the docket at some point simply say “Closed?” Or words to that effect…

Again, wrong. Mediation was not the cause of LK’s decision to ask MB for dismissal. Fear of what a deposition would uncover is the more likely motivation (especially since she opted to bail at the last minute before having to be deposed) along with her attorney realizing there was no way LK could possibly win. Either way, this was not ended via mediation.

42 Likes

Exactly! I’m sure IM would have been tooting his horn if mediation were part of this process. I did not see one statement where he refuted what was posted one the GoFundMe update about MB’s team being approached to settle.

17 Likes

I still wonder if her attorney took the case contingent. He may have reached a point where it was good money after bad, and told her to pay up, or end it.

7 Likes

Quite possible. And that may also be why she had to switch attorneys.

And as an aside, I just had to make my earlier fine-related reply…just so I could come up with another fun name for the GFM. :rofl:

22 Likes

And a fun name it is LOL

3 Likes

That is hilarious!

4 Likes

Experienced tech and the dog had just been sprayed. She smelled it. He was a horrible vet and this was one of the lesser fiascos he was involved with. He was fired shortly thereafter.

1 Like

See above recipe.

In a pinch you can leave out either the H2O2 or the baking soda and still get some benefit

2 Likes

Yep we try to avoid them as well! I haven’t seen very many, like the JRT I referenced in my above post, that need our attention as vets.

1 Like

We used to have hand-outs of this recipe at the last vet clinic where I worked.

Also of note, Mythbuster’s did a segment on anti-skunk odor remedies and this one was the most effective.

4 Likes

Oh, boy.

Knowing how those guys work, I’m afraid to ask about their methodology. Lol.

6 Likes

Thanks!

They had a couple in cages that critter control had trapped for release, but neither one would spray them. So they turned the third one loose in the bathroom and finally got it to spray them. It’s Season 3 Episode 3.

3 Likes

Oh, boy. That might be even worse than I expected. Lol.

I don’t even want to think how long the bathroom smelled like a skunk.

1 Like

And of course, they used the WOMEN’s bathroom! :roll_eyes:

And instead of getting sprayed again, they used the rest of the products to try to get the smell out of the bathroom.

4 Likes