New filing on ecourts re MB

I love this video! I do think the larger pony has grounds for an enquiry to challenge the tie but the smaller pony does need a bit of a head start.
I’ve also muttered those same words to myself that Boyd used when I was about to get tossed off.

11 Likes

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Silver’s filing yesterday says:

Can one of our legal eagles clarify what is meant by that “without costs” part?

5 Likes

It means SGF is paying its own legal costs. The parties to the stipulation agree that all claims against SGF are being permanently and finally ended. The stipulation of dismissal does not include any agreement that another party pay SGF’s legal costs. SGF will absorb the costs itself.

8 Likes

Thanks, that is what I was thinking but just wanted confirmation.

1 Like

Interesting tidbit in the NYTimes this morning - the insurance company insuring Fox News is paying a portion of the settlement. Imagine that!

4 Likes

But I thought they had “settled” with SGF? So instead it was just a flat dismissal, like with MB?

8 Likes

Same question here. Does this mean the only time a financial settlement occurred was the “cool quarter million” associated with Ruth Cox?

6 Likes

Was that in the legal records somewhere? The only mention of it that I know of is by IM/JK.

6 Likes

Not necessarily.

Silver stated that the two parties had reached a confidential settlement. One part of the settlement was that the claims be dismissed with prejudice and no costs paid.

We don’t know the amount of any monetary payment that was part of the settlement.

1 Like

It could’ve been millions!!1!11!!!

20 Likes

Or zilch!

12 Likes

That might explain why IM’s undies and everything inside them were in such a twist.

11 Likes

No, it’s not, and generally settlement amounts are not made public in small cases like this. It’s generally typical that the language ‘settled for an undisclosed amount’ is used to indicate that there was a financial component to a settlement.

8 Likes

22 Likes

I’m a bit confused here…
Do you mean that language is typically used in a court filing? Or just in a public statement? :thinking:

21 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Even after parties settle something must be done to resolve the court case, voluntary dismissal is a common way to resolve that case. But for that the court wouldn’t know the case is fully resolved.

9 Likes

This is what is likely going on with Taylor: Not Guilty, Yet Continuously Confined: Reforming the Insanity Defense (georgetown.edu)
Judicial discretion should not be the standard in these cases!!!

25 Likes

This is EXACTLY what I thought of when he wrote, ‘cool quarter million’. Obviously the part when Dr Evil first made a ridiculously small demand.

The other thing I thought was that phrase seemed right out of a 70s TV show - when 250k would have been more impressive.

17 Likes