New filing on ecourts re MB

In that decision, a judge denied Taylor’s motion to have two counts against him dismissed. That was in 2015.

Did you follow the civil suit by Gibson? A couple years later, Taylor was dismissed from the suit as a defendant. Just not in 2015.

1 Like

I wish he would change his mind.

1 Like

9 Likes

Deininger filed an amended complaint yesterday against MB’s insurance companies. I haven’t read through it all, so am not sure how it differs from the original complaint. I’m sure the legal eagles on here know what to look for, so maybe one of them can point out the differences.

3 Likes

Assuming MB can not relitigate the underlying finding of the crimial case, it does look like, in part, the case may turn on “intent” and whether you can be criminally lacking intent (NGRI) but still have “intent” as that term is used under an insurance policy.

3 Likes

The underlying case disposition and the ability to circumvent the finding/implications is crucial to this case IMO

5 Likes

If so, would that let the insurance company off the hook for his legal bills?

1 Like

And it gets worse.

3 Likes

This is interesting: https://www.disabilityrightswa.org/publications/a-guide-for-patients-deemed-not-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity-ngri-at-westerm-state-hospital-and-eastern-state-hospital/

It seems that there should be a bunch of cases out there.

3 Likes

With a quick look this is the difference I can find. It is an addition.

13 Likes

I defer to the insurance experts but it seems from a non-expert viewpoint if the coverage was denied under an exclusion related to intentional acts–this will be a major litigation point-MB will say he did not have the necessary intent (as supported by NGRI finding) and insurance company will argue he intented to the commit act even if he was NGRI (even if he was delusional at the time?). It looks like the case law on intent relating to the insurance exclusion for an insured person found NGRI is all over the place so who knows what is the better argument–but I suspect this will be well.briefed and educational for we non-experts.

11 Likes

So, Dressage Hub’s YT had a few interesting comments added in the last few days.

It seems someone is a bit sensitive about the fact they were about to get their case canned by the judge.

11 Likes

:rofl: “bigger and more important suits”, “shopping with my winnings”, and then having a dig at a teenage mother - I guess money didn’t buy any class, or the ability to keep ones mouth closed. Lessons NOT learned.

50 Likes

Now MHG was strong armed into being a state witness in order to get out of conspiracy to commit murder charges?

Hmmm…Nancy Jaffer really gets her panties in a twist. Seems that the truth has weird effect on her.

Devolving into attacking her own supporters……

Sounds eerily familiar….

12 Likes

Good ole LK out there trying to twist the narrative her way after SHE walked away from HER civil suit.

Ever wonder what was going to come out that she doesn’t want the world to see???

28 Likes

For those of you missing Silver and Dienenger, if you go to the same page https://portal.njcourts.gov/webcivilcj/CIVILCaseJacketWeb/pages/publicAccessDisclaimer.faces only instead of using “civil” on the drop down menu, just leave it on the “equity,” then click on name and type in MB, there is an equity lawsuit as to who owns SGF LLC, MB or the Lundbergs. It gets quite dramatic with D telling S that his requests for discovery are over broad and refusing to give up anything until some later date not stated and claiming MB owned it all after payments of some kind and that the Lundbergs took out a $700,000 loan against SGF and where is the money and something about their kids. Then S said he provided 4000 documents and D provided none and where are the “meticulous” records MB claimed to have kept proving equity. Discovery demands listed by S included valuation of SGF used for MB’s divorce. D complained that he requested a specific document and S wasn’t forthcoming because his answer was that it is in the 4,000.

It’s all quite dramatic. S posted lengthy correspondence back and forth between D and S.

It was all settled finally. By the way, it looks like D responded with nothing and “over broad” long before the LK lawsuit was brought back to life. Kind of ironic with all the hand wringing here.

Happy reading.

1 Like

If anyone needs to be in a place for mental help, it sure isn’t Michael. She just can never keep that yap shut.

37 Likes

So interesting that Mr. Silver was not hired by the insurance company to take care of that matter.

10 Likes

I don’t know if the insurance company reimbursed costs for RC and SGF lawyers or hired them directly. I’ve read what CH said and what others said. I suspect they reimbursed costs instead of hiring directly because of competing conflict of interest concerns.

I didn’t notice S still involved in the latest lawsuit.

You know what is very, very sad???

The fact that LK is going back to respond to year old comments!!!

What a pitifully sad existence!!!

Why not go ride her horses and commence to living her best life???

48 Likes