New filing on ecourts re MB

I will support whatever Michael Barisone decides to do. None of us have walked in his shoes all these years. If he continues on with his suit, which I pray he does, I know many will continue to support his cause financially as they can. Keep in mind he still has a legal fight with USEF/SS to clear his name. What a shame he has to spend $$ defending this retaliatory, frivolous, false report that was filed as part of the Finish the Bastard plan.

My looming concern that seems to grow every day, is Michaelā€™s physical safety once he is released. My gut tells me the Kanareks are not finished with him.

25 Likes

The possibilities are endless.

1 Like

Pay up.

2 Likes

Theyā€™d want to do the deposition because they will ask her all those questions and more without major objections in deposition, and can use that to: 1) get more stuff in discovery as they learn more; 2) catch her on the stand giving answers that donā€™t match her testimony, thus making her position weaker.

26 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

So now posters are being ordered to pay up? Arrogance personified.

29 Likes

Iā€™m sure the people that are close to MB personally and professionally, as well as his attorneys, are very aware of how the Kā€™s operate and that he will be well protected.

11 Likes

Forever?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think his legal fight with SS has to do with LKs report against him. It has to do with the fact that he shot her, and did not receive a straight NG verdict.

The NGRI verdict clears him with respect to criminal responsibility, but is not clear whether it clears him with respect to the SS sanctions.

His legal problems with SS have to do with his actions, not LKā€™s actions.

1 Like

I understand your concern, however, try to take one day at a time. Worrying about MB in the context of ā€œforeverā€ is not healthy for you or productive for him.

12 Likes

They should depose her no matter what.

23 Likes

Okay, Iā€™ve already paid well in advance to the GFM account so Iā€™m responding to this condescending, preposterous post. How do You KNOW anything?? Has anyone from SS/USEF shared their information with you? Do you personally know anyone there? You seriously take the cake with your know-it-all style of posting when you probably have the most ignorant posting style here. Just stop with your nonsense. If you KNOW something, cite your proof. You must be aware there actually are real people who actually do know the reasons for Michael Barisoneā€™s current USEF status as well as why it was changed immediately after the verdict. You, my dear, are way outside the bubble. My post stands.

Carry on. I now have a remaining credit of $40 on my account.

35 Likes

It could be a reciprocal agreement not to move forward (plaintiff agrees to drop a direct claim against the defendant, defendant agrees to drop a counter claim against the plaintiff or not to assert a counter claim).

But in a broader sense, yes, itā€™s common to call any informal agreement that resolves all or part of a case a ā€œsettlement.ā€ Settlements donā€™t have to be monetary in nature.

35 Likes

Nobody HAS to take a deposition but itā€™s a useful discovery tool.

Also someone upthread was asking if SGF would share any discovery it received with MB. Any discovery in the case should have been served on all parties, not just the requesting party. So all the parties should already have (or have had made available to them) anything that was produced.

21 Likes

Man, take a day off from the internet to do other things, and wow. This is surprising, to say the least.

30 Likes

Youā€™ve been missed!

8 Likes

:slight_smile: thanks!

3 Likes

:flushed: who said you could take the day off? The nerve. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15 Likes

Ditto! Lol.

2 Likes

Imagine something being so fun or important to take the day off from the thread, especially when something has been posted to the legal file! :laughing:

7 Likes