Unlimited access >

New Format in Forum

Using Safari, IPhone 11.
Just took a quick look through the site.

Ads are not that bothersome & easy to scroll past.

At the top of the screen the logo & my profile photo are cut off a bit. Might be setting… not sure.

3 Likes

Same, although I didn’t even notice it until I saw the comments about it. Lol.

2 Likes

Same here, narrower & ads now pop up 1st, at the top.
Android phone using Google.

1 Like

So far I am just seeing one ad at the top, which is plenty for me, thanks.

I also just noticed that when I am at the very top of the page, I can see the whole notification icon, but as soon as I start to scroll down, I can’t see the whole thing. Which seems weird.

3 Likes

My circles are only just a shave off. Maybe it depends on what phone or version software your phone has?

Anyone else having this issue? When I try to type a reply, my reply window looks like this:

And those words have drop down menus.

And nothing I do makes it go away.

Using an iPad.

2 Likes

I’m on my iPhone and can’t even see if this is typing correctly. If I hold my phone up and dow, the text is outside both margined. If I turn it landscape, I can read it… Right now, there is an ad covering my text as I type. I hope this gets sorted out! I’ll miss all of you!

3 Likes

Huh. That is definitely not happening for me on my iPhone. My reply box looks and acts the same as it did yesterday.

Just wanted to acknowledge your feedback and let you know that I forwarded a link to this thread to the main office so the developers can see what you’re experiencing. Thank you for all of the helpful screenshots!

The Forums themselves weren’t updated in terms of software, but they are slated to be next, as we’re several versions behind. I’m not aware of any major plans to change things in the Forums in terms of functionality beyond whatever Discourse (the platform upon which we run) has done.

8 Likes

Thank you! I still can’t see what I’m typing.There is a maroon “Subscribe Now” ribbon w a blue cursor in it.

2 Likes

Hey now! I just checked the site on my phone and received a prompt asking me if I wanted to download a COTH Forums app. The formatting looked good on my phone with nothing cut off, and the app also looks good to me so far.

Have those having issues with formatting been prompted to download the app? If so, how does that look?

3 Likes

I have not seen any mention of an app.

1 Like

No mention of an app here.

1 Like

I just popped back in, I was in earlier and there was no difference except the new unremarkable colors, but this time, I got a banner saying subscribe to the chronicle of the Horse online for $21.95. Is that real? Do we now have to pay for the online site?

No, definitely not – that’s an ad for the digital version of the magazine.

2 Likes

This is weird. I can now see the text correctly but am still typing under the maroon subscribe now banner. My apologies in advance-I will never be able to fix typos.:grinning:

2 Likes

I’m on a PC running Windows and love the new look.

1 Like

In the old version I had a column on the left with forum menu etc. and then a centre column with the actual forum threads and then a narrow column over on the right with advertising.

Is there any way to get that column with the forum menu back on the left side of the screen?

Having everything off centre makes me feel like I’m going to fall off my chair. :grin:

(Sorry for complaining).

1 Like

Have you tried drinking a V-8? Lol.

1 Like

Well I’ve tried drinking. :wink:

11 Likes