Unlimited access >

New Format in Forum

I haven’t received this prompt yet on my phone.

I know it’s early days so I’ll hold out for any big complaints. I do have one question - are we expected to download an app to browse the forum optimally on mobile? Or will there be mobile optimization still provided going forward?

1 Like

I’m on a newish MacBook Pro, running Ventura, Firefox browser.

Not a fan of the very dark maroon in place of the hunter green, nor the forums being offset all the way to the left, or the itty bitty teeny weeny CH logo in a black circle to the left of the thread name (who decided to downsize the big C to greatly minimize the logo?! seems an odd choice).

Overall impression is one of dullness. Legible dullness, true, but boring all the same.

2 Likes

Have you tried adjusting the width of the window to focus on the thread content?

ETA, it looks like the formatting of the page is dynamic based on the width of the window. Play around with dragging the side of the window in and out – it’s especially evident on the main Categories home page.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. OK, this is embarrassing. How do I do that?

1 Like

I’m not getting the little arrow thing to allow me to drag the column. I’ll try it from the home page.

Put your cursor on the right side of the window you have open. The arrow should change to a double-sided arrow when you’re right on the edge. Click and hold down your mouse button as you drag the mouse side to side. Release the button when you want to keep it at given spot.

Make sure you have clicked somewhere on the COTH window so it’s selected as the “active” window before you try to drag the side.

I’ve got ad blocker for Chrome installed and I’ve yet to see any ads today…

3 Likes

I do not know what changed, I have not changed my window, but I have full COTH logo on the left and full my avatar with notifications on the right now.

Go development team!

Screen shot:

4 Likes

I can clearly see the right edge of the column and where I need to hover, but even after clicking within the window I’m just not getting the arrow on the margin to allow me to drag.

I appreciate your help. It’s OK, I’m sure you’ve got lots going on, and I know I’ll get used to the layout.

3 Likes

uselessly adding the black at the top gets me wondering who died, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

3 Likes

The forum discussion page off to the left is making me a bit twitchy and irritable. I don’t see a little arrow on the right edge of the column no matter what I do. Not having it centered is a bad design, at least it is for me.

2 Likes

No mention of an app for me either.
I logged out & logged back in, still nothing regarding an app.
On an iPhone & safari…

I had to zoom the window to 200%, just to make it tolerable for viewing/use in Firefox.

I tried zooming to get it centered but then the font is way too big. :grimacing:

Google pixel (Android, obvs) and got the app invite immediately, works fine but it would have been easy to miss and dismiss it, so if there’s a place where people can find it for download, that’s probably helpful!

1 Like

Formatting is borked (highly technical term). I don’t appreciate the links showing in the reply window. It obliterates the secind line of the reply. Not cool to hyperlink you off the page when you try to edit a post and the tags get in the way
There are no right arrows to be found to adjust the size of the window on iOS or computer. Maybe only admins can see it.

Very unpleasant experience. Someone altered the code somewhere.

If I want beta I can always go to Google. Just kidding. But this is a mess.

Edited to add no app on App Store but Apple is slower to publish new apps.

Typos are not my fault. If I try to fix them I get hyperlinked to the main site.

Thanks! I thought I was losing my mind. I have an Android as well. I’m trying to find download info and will share when I get it.

5 Likes

You’re seeing the links in your reply box like ekat shared via screenshot earlier? We’ll get it sorted! What browser and version are you using to view the site? Are you on an iPad?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I did get a prompt about the app upon first coming to the forums the morning.

The top bar width and clipping on the logo to the left and avatar/notification circle on the right looks to have resolved.

1 Like