Unlimited access >

New Format in Forum

Alright, I logged out/logged in to see if that would reset the app prompt. It did. I downloaded it, and it looks just like the site in a browser window.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback ā€“ at the moment, Iā€™m getting an error in the Google Play store when I try to get app details in store from the app. Not sure if thatā€™s an us thing or a them thing, but weā€™ll look into it and get a link available for those on Androids who missed the prompt.

ETA ā€“ thanks for the info about getting the prompt again after logging out/in!

Downloading here doesnā€™t look to refer to the play store. Iā€™ll see if I can get a link, hang onā€¦

Huh, Iā€™m not sure. Clicking on the prompt opens this pop-up, and clicking on that downloads the app. Itā€™s not sending me to the play store.

You might have to allow download/install of 3rd party apps on your device?

I also donā€™t see the app at all in the play store. @Moderator_1 when you say youā€™re getting an error in the play store, how are you finding the app in the store?

A couple of times, on random topics, Iā€™ve gotten a Try Again message. Just now, it was on the Pics of Dogs topic.

MacBook Pro, Ventura, Firefox

Thereā€™s something weird with the latest link in the hamburger menu, too.

If I click on it, I go here:

Which isnā€™t at all current.

If I click on it again, I go here:

Which is current. Same link. Different results?

1 Like

I was trying to find it in the Play store, and I couldnā€™t, so I held down on my downloaded app icon, then clicked on the ā€œIā€ for more information. Scrolled down to ā€œapp details in storeā€ and clicked, then got the error message in the Play store.

TBH, I donā€™t know much about apps, but maybe we are able to host/offer our own app download as part of this update, so itā€™s automatically offered if youā€™re on a compatible device. I have questions in to the developersā€¦so many questions. :smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve also had that kind of thing happen.

Hate the new color scheme. Reminds me of dried blood.

13 Likes

Ah, yeah, okay. I get the same thing. And app details say ā€œdownload from the Google play storeā€ butā€¦I donā€™t think so? I canā€™t find the downloaded APK on my phone though so canā€™t poke around for any info where it came from. It looks like you guys are hosting it.

Wrt the app, there are options of actions on the board when I long press on it: create a topic, inbox, and bookmarks. Bookmarks are broken, that option should probably be removed, or bookmarks should be fixed?

Going to the inbox gives a prompt to allow device notifications from the board, which is kinda neat I guess.

1 Like

Things that canā€™t be unseenā€¦ :sweat_smile:

I have no idea if there is any flexibility on the color scheme, but the main office and developers have the link to this thread, so I guess we can see how it grows on us, or not, and go from there.

4 Likes

Yeah. I didnā€™t think dried blood, but just not a fan of the color. I liked the green, this just looks muddy, and the COTH logo on black is so bland.

6 Likes

:rofl:

Darn. I had not thought of that. And nowā€¦ dried blood it is.

I actually like burgundy/maroon so the new color did not bother me. Butā€¦ dried blood seems like a bad color choice for a horse forum.

4 Likes

I just checked with my crappy android phone and it went right to the forums. I do not like the new look but I guess I will get used to it. I am not having any problems with the margins.

1 Like

The margins are already fixed for me. Good job developers :clap:t3:

2 Likes

I am liking the new look. I have tried my iphone, my ipad, and my desktop. There are no ads appearing on any of them.

Well, on the desktop there were ads lining the right margin, but all I had to do was enlarge (magnify) the screen and the ads just disappeared from sight. Now there is nothing on the screen but content. I am sure that is not what the advertisers are paying for, so itā€™s likely that this will be changed shortly so we will get their ads everywhere. But for now all is good on the consumer end.

3 Likes

Using an iPad with Safari.

Yes, Imam seeing the links in the reply.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hazard of my profession. :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like some of the things mentioned upthread have already been fixed. I just got here for the first time since the upgrade, and aside from the maroon color that looks almost black, the format is working well for me. I do miss the more cheerful green, but Iā€™ll get over it as long as the software works.

Rebecca

4 Likes

I just noticed that I can see the posts from somebody I have on ignore. That seems like a new thing, since I believe the ignore function was still working yesterday.

Speaks for me as well.

Not a hill Iā€™ll die on. But this is color change is not an improvement. Just imo.

I would like to see the traditional green return to the forums. Green is the color of grass and trees and forests. Itā€™s the setting for horses, and the stuff that powers them. :slight_smile:

The change in the position of the forum scroll to the left is fine with me. Itā€™s a better use of the space, imo.

As for the main page, Iā€™m actually just happy to see that they finally took online Chronicle seriously enough to bring it in to the 21st century. I donā€™t mind the new color scheme there.

2 Likes