Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

Okay so this post:

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/wuflu-vaccines-shouldnt-go-to-old-white-people/754277/305

Is showing for me as 303

but is linking as 305 (see end of link)

and you have a picture here as 325:

Yes, that is pretty weird and @Moderator_1 will have fun picking that one apart, I’m sure :rofl:

ETA: oh, actually. 303 and 325 are different posts by the same poster. @bluey is there actually an issue here? Or is this just two inflammatory posts by the same person being mistaken for one another?? I missed it on first look that this is different content on these two post numbers.

As soon as this line that defines the top edge of the post

Passes the bottom edge of the dark bar at the top, the post number changes. This is what I mean by “at the very top of the screen.”

@Moderator_1 Do you know if the hover-over-the-thread-title-to-see-what-it’s-about-before-opening feature will ever return?

@skydy I’m not sure. I miss it too!

We actually had some technical difficulties recently with (ironically) the site they use to report and document responses to the technical difficulties here, so we had some communication breakdown on where they were with resolving some issues I’d reported.

Hopefully as everyone is back to regular work schedules, etc., next week, we’ll get caught up on reprioritizing the punch list and see where we are on some of these requests.

4 Likes

Thanks @Moderator_1 .

I know it’s not high on the priority list but I’m glad to know that it may be back at some point in time.

1 Like

Very weird experience just now.
I have no reading history (I clicked on this thread and it took me to the first post).
Everything is coming up as unread.
The background for the reading area is now a light tan color.
And the most annoying part - Current Events is no longer blocked from my listings.

OH, I have the ‘I am logged in as someone else’ thing going on maybe.
The avatar in the upper right corner of my screen is mine (Trubandloki), but that post above attributed to Sammy_the_Saddlebred is something I just typed and posted.

Edit to add - this is Trubandloki too.

Edit to add 2 - When I click on the avatar in the upper right corner (mine) it says I am Trubandloki.

Hey @Moderator_1 it appears they do not have this problem fixed yet.

More information - I was logged in. I had read the forum already this morning. I had even posted I believe. I went somewhere else, still had this tab open, came back and it is doing this.

Now the fun of remembering my log in password so I can log out and back in.

My format is also posts on a very light creme color, the sides still white.
Don’t know for how long, just notices as you pointed to that.

Luckily I am still myself as a poster, not someone else.

I believe I am back as me.
That was just weird.

There was a glitch on CE yesterday, a poster was replying to someone and at least twice her posts were showing she was replying to herself?

She commented about that, it was strange.

It is strange to be posting and see your post show up as if it was someone else. Eeek.

And now that I am logged back in as me I can not edit my posts above anymore.

To clarify something I posted up there, It appears I had not posted yet today (before those posts). I had read a bunch of stuff but I guess I did not post.

That last may not matter, but who knows, it may be the little detail that would help programmers figure where to look for that glitch.

I figure it does not hurt to give them the information.

Oh, I guess they will want to know that I am on a Chromebook, using Chrome, in mobile view.

I am also seeing a light tannish color as the background for the middle forum section, still white on the outside. It does soften the contrast with the text!

I also see the light ‘cream’ (for lack of a better word) color (desktop anyway). I wonder if this is intentional in response to our requests to soften the contrast a bit.

I personally could go a bit ‘darker’…

1 Like

That WAS weird. I just came back to my computer and was logged out, went to log back in and saw notifications about trubandloki. Glad I am me and you are you, @trubandloki. It’s definitely disturbing that this happens. Even more interesting, I didn’t actually have to log in, I just clicked login and I was back in everything.

So you were me? We switched?
(Just figure that type of information might help the people in charge make this horrible thing stop.)

I think that needs to be alerted to, @Moderator_1 will want to check they do look again into this.

Thanks for tagging Mod 1 again @Bluey. I tagged them above when I first posted about it but things might get lost in their assumed long list of tags and such they will have when they come back from the holiday tomorrow.

It is a very scary thing. I did not even realize I was posting as someone else until I came back and did not see my post. I was just going to post ‘where did my post go’ and then I realized the post that was there, with a different name on it, was what I posted.
Still having the avatar in the upper right corner as my avatar added to the confusion. When when I clicked the avatar it said I was me, not the person I was posting as.

Thank you all. I sent the dev team a message with a link to this thread where it was first reported.

1 Like