Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

I just changed the likes max/day from 50 to 200. Thatā€™s for the most basic trust level. It is increased by a x1.5, x2 and x3 multiplier as you move up the trust levels.

I donā€™t think weā€™ve had issues with rampant spam likers, so have at it COTHers!

I also realized that we probably donā€™t need the FAQ section anymore, now that we can create a single post that contains tons of tips all in one. All that info was years old anyway, so I disappeared it, and eliminated the parent category for this forum, so Technical Help is now standing proud on its own. :partying_face:

5 Likes

the green slide bar scrolls you around really fast. Besides, on the old forum, people could have page post numbers differently - default 10 (I think), or set to 30, so pages werenā€™t static anyway.

Same. Load testing software - GOOD sw - isnā€™t cheap. And while itā€™s worth it for a big company that regularly releases updates that need load testing, itā€™s 100% not a good use of $ for someone like COTH.

2 Likes

Yes Yes to this! Will it work again?

Yes. Known issue, itā€™s being worked on.

@Alex_and_Bodie_s_Mom (and others who are concerned about navigating without pages)

There are a lot of pretty spiffy (and powerful) tools built in here to make getting through a thread easy :slight_smile:

The thread slider and first post footer are the best place to start. Thereā€™s a rundown here:

Using the thread slider, you can scroll through the entire thread, seeing post count, post date andā€“on mobileā€“even a little preview of the post itself. Super cool

Using the first post footer, you can quickly (one click) go to the last post in the thread. Or filter by a certain poster. Want to catch up on a train wreck and just see the OPā€™s posts? You can filter and see JUST their stuff. Thereā€™s a long thread on deworming and you want to just see JBā€™s responses? Totally doable.

Thereā€™s also a ā€œsummarize this topicā€ button in the first post footer. Click that and youā€™ll see a summary. I think it looks at likes, but has other criteria, too. You can try it out in this threadā€“just use the thread slider to go back to the first post, and youā€™ll find it in the footer.

If thereā€™s a post in the middle of a looong thread that you think is amazing, and youā€™re worried about losing it, you can bookmark it, and that will save it to your profile. You can even write a note to attach to it. Thereā€™s even the option to set a reminder alarm, if itā€™s something you want to check back in on later.

I know a lot here is really different. Butā€“bonus!ā€“there sure are a lot of new toys and upgrades that are really pretty awesome :grin:

4 Likes

I just wish I would quit trying to scroll.

Guess after a good 20+ years scrolling and flipping pages, it will take a while longer to remember to now click on the black header.

No problem with the platform that, but the absentminded user. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think they have the speed problem licked for now, is zippy again, for me anyway.
Thank you, cyber-elves.

4 Likes

Hahahaha, it took me about a week! :rofl: :rofl: And then I started looking for the thread slider on the other board and that was itā€™s own headacheā€¦

1 Like

Oh, I donā€™t feel so ā€¦ lacking then.

Thank you so, so very much for all the help you are so patiently and graciously giving everyone. :hugs:

3 Likes

Oh geez, no, you should definitely not feel lacking! Tons of change, itā€™s a lot to get used to! Weā€™ll all get there :grin:

2 Likes

I am practicing the quote feature. Thanks for all of your hard work. :hugs:

2 Likes

I do wish we had our old emojis back. (I would be nodding here if I could.)

Did you look at those here, click on the smiley face on the head of the posting window.

Surely some there are suitable? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes. Iā€™ve used some of them. Theyā€™re the same choices I have for text messaging on the phone.
I just enjoyed some of the old ones better. They seemed a little more clear to me and not as, well, creepy.

My sister texted me an emoji and I had to text her back that I had no idea what it was (it was two champagne glasses, never would have figured that out in a million years.) :smiley:
Itā€™s OK , Iā€™ll get used to it.

I liked that old green with the tongue sticking out.
Also the light blue winking.

These now are like my phone also, must be some universal smiley kind.

I think the old ones got the point across better, but what can you do? Life goes on. :sunglasses:

@skydy I also miss :eek: and :yes: and :sigh: :frowning:

Oh well, weā€™ll make due, right?

In other news, the search stuff seems to be starting to populate, wooo! :partying_face: I just went to start a new thread, and the board offered up a few old threads that actually answered my question. How cool is THAT?! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Very!

Is it my imagination, or can I tell what posters liked a post I made?
Not sure I am in favor of no longer being anonymous when liking something.

When a post is liked, the poster can see who cast the like. IOW, if you like my post, I can see that you, dotneko, liked it.

But no one else can see that. If you like my post, I can see that it was you, but every other poster on the board just sees that the post has a like, not who cast it.

2 Likes