Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

Phones, especially Safari, are pretty aggressive about cookie scrubbing for privacy, and there are also device level settings that make it more aggressive. @MHM you might look into your settings to see if you are able to allow chronofhorse to save cookies longer.

Hmm. Would it have changed overnight, though? I wasn’t getting booted off for the first week or so on the new board, and now suddenly I’m getting kicked off all the time.

Here you go:

If your iOS updated overnight, it may have reset that value.

I don’t think it updated. Or if it did, I didn’t get the usual alert about it. :woman_shrugging:

Thanks. I was thinking it was still done via the edit button.

@Moderator_1 I have not been logged out of the forums by the website . I’m using a laptop though, not a phone.

If you’re trying to log out via the Forums, and you’re getting signed back in automatically, you’re probably still logged in on the main site. Does logging out there resolve the issue?

Well, that was a complete failure of my use of my native language to communicate. :pleading_face: I’m so sorry. I was trying to say that, unlike some other users, I have NOT had any problem with being logged out “against my will” so-to-speak.

Just got logged out again when I checked a link in a post.

I think it has to do with some links, that may just get you kicked out?

No problem logging in again.
Seems to have a little window that opens to do that for you if you click on it.

:laughing: No, I think that one was all me. It may be time for Mod 1 to push back from the keyboard. :drooling_face:

@Bluey Do you have “remember me” checked?

1 Like

Yes, remember me checked, then click on the offered tab superimposed on that little window and it self logged me back in?

This just started yesterday, did it once this morning and again just now, so seems new and random?

Just a little bitty problem, not worth looking at it, unless it is part of a bigger one.

The developers did say that there would be some users logged out periodically today, so let’s give it a little time, since they’re definitely monkeying around with log-ins to get those problems fixed.

Thanks @Bluey!

2 Likes

Good to know, makes sense, since it is a new thing.

I was gonna ask if you ever sleep :rofl:

3 Likes

Could someone please explain the light/dark print? I was thinking the lighter print designated threads with no replies since I last looked at them, but that does not seem to be the case.

Threads you’ve read (recently?) vs threads you have not?

This is probably another ‘you’ve already told me’ questions.

I initially read a New topic but now not as interested. How do I get it to ‘fall off’ my Unread list? (from the Big Mac…) or will it eventually just go away -there are unread threads but I’m no longer interested.

There might be a fancier way to do this, but if you go into the thread, at the top (and bottom) there is a little drop down menu that says ‘Tracking’, which you can change to suit. If you turn off the tracking it doesn’t show up in your unread list. :blush:

3 Likes

Yep, what @Heinz_57 said :grin:

You can also change your “tracking” settings in your profile–IIRC, if you read a thread for 4 minutes, you track it? You can extend that, four minutes isn’t very long!

2 Likes