Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

:laughing: :laughing:

You can set your preference to determine at what point a thread is set to Tracking, or that it’s never set. Default is 4 minutes being in it.

This random thread says otherwise about the grey circle.

The grey circle has a 20 in it. There are not 20 posts in the whole thread.

I’ll investigate this more further, but the numbers after a thread title are supposed to signify the following:

Grey means unread but not new. Posts you could have read the last time you were in the topic, but chose not to, for whatever reason.

Green means new posts. There’s no way you could have read these posts, since they did not exist the last time you were in the topic.

You will see them on the topic list if you are tracking the topic, and don’t read all the old posts in the topic. That is, don’t get to the bottom…

I don’t know how the gray number could be higher than the number of posts in a thread though, so this bears further research!

Shadowing of images should be fixed on mobile this morning.

4 Likes

Noticed one more poster just chiming in that still has the 1 after her name?

mvp1 I think it was, posting on the CE forum, so not blocked from it as some have been.

May want to be sure that is the original name, not another that had that 1 added to it and fell thru the cracks.

Sorry if this has been asked already, did we lose our post count? I was so close to 10,000 :smiley:

It’s still there, on your profile page.

But it’s dropped a little :frowning:

1 Like

In my post # 849 with the two images, I see a shadow on the first but not on the second. Those were added to the post the same way–screenshot then copy/paste into the reply window.

I can see in preview that there will be a shadow around this image :grin: WHOA! But when it posts, there is no shadow?!! What?!

Thank you! Yes I’m down in numbers…that’s ok, new goal for the new year :rofl:

1 Like

I feel your pain! I lost about 7k :open_mouth: :flushed:

Are they older posts that Poofed or just random??

Well, we do have some mysteriously disappearing posts that are being investigated, but apparently it’s mainly just counting errors in previous board migrations and this is our “real” post count.

1 Like

I have some more weirdness with the green number circles and threads appearing on the latest view…

Here is my latest view from the computer…

There is nothing amiss here. The green number circle on the top thread is one I’m watching.

But when I go to my phone at the same time…

It’s actually a different list of topics all together. And I’ve never been in the serious whoops thread that shows 2 unread or the shadbelly thread that shows 1 unread. These threads don’t even show at ALL on my latest view on the computer. And there are threads showing on the computer latest view that aren’t showing on the mobile latest view. Why isn’t the latest view on desktop the same as the latest view on mobile?

And then, when I went to start this post, these are the recommends at the bottom of this thread:

I’ve never opened that winter wear thread thread, but it’s showing 1 unread–which is different than both the desktop and the mobile look at it.

Aaaaaaaaany chance that weirdness could be related to the issue of being logged in as someone else? Not that you are, but as in, wires are crossed and you’re seeing a display that really belongs to someone else.

No, definitely not. Logged in as me in both places, and actually went back and forth between computer and phone to create that post.

Right, I don’t mean you’re logged in as someone else. But the same concept - wires crossed and you’re seeing someone else’s presentation. If login credentials can swap, why not notifications?

Then I think it would be consistent to platform? It’s not. I have a “unread” circle on the suggested topics on mobile but not on the latest view for that thread :thinking:

While we’re on the subject of the green dots, what do the small green dots with no numbers mean? And why do they only appear next to some thread titles?

And they did fix the slider so it is much more visible on both my mobile and desk top views.

Threads that are new :slight_smile: You can change the “new” time parameter for that green dot in your preferences. I think default is…2 days?? (Don’t quote me on that! :rofl:)

Okay, so I was one of the ones who had an issue with my ad adding the 1 (ParadoxFarm1). We seem to have that all fixed except I am showing as Greenie even with 10,0000 posts. Does anyone know if this can be changed easily? I didn’t see in preferences a way to change that. I hate to keep bothering Mod1.