Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

I did deleted all and again the trash folder and long before the change, but was thinking like you, maybe not soon enough?

Then, I had deleted it all, I thought, definitely after the date on some of those PMs, 2016 or so?

Just wondering and how to delete that now, but that sure can wait, not hurting anything there.

Still wondering who that third poster listed as “undetermined” iPhone listed in my preferences could be?
My laptop and iPhone are a good 5-6 years old, not apt to come across as any new device?

This might be related to the network you’re on. Like, your phone over your home wifi is listed as one device, but your iphone over a different network (a different wifi, or your cellular network) might be recognized as a different device.

I’m just guessing! But if you have any concerns, you can log that “unknown” device out on that page :slight_smile:

Ok, will try that later, when I have time again.
Need to go dig some postholes right now. :innocent:

Even posting thru some other network, my iPhone ID should still have been the same, but who knows.

Thanks!

I notice that a user who has been banned recently doesn’t have the “banned” designation beside their name. Does it take awhile or will banned people not be designated as such in the new version of the forums?

This is what I see when I go to a banned users profile. Do you not see this on the person in question?

I wasn’t looking at their profile. It was the “banned” designation next to their name on a thread I was asking about. It’s no biggie, just curious. Here 3yo with girth problem / I feel like a failure The OP is banned but the designation doesn’t appear next to their name.

We’re missing quite a lot of the detail that shows with the username–like location and post count–so I’d guess that the banned label visible on the post itself is yet to come, along with the rest of that stuff?

I understand that there are more important issues to fix. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That worked fine, thank you!
I logged out from all three, now only shows this laptop logged in.

Good to know that must have been some time my own iPhone logging thru a different server pinging as “other”.

If you click through to her profile it does say she’s suspended, but nothing visible on the posts.

On mobile/tablet the ADs are at the bottom of everything, not on the sides.
That first little bit, when things were running SLOW the ads would pop up first & since it was taking forever for the page to load, it made it look like there was only ads there.

Now that things are running quicker/smoother, you see the ads for a couple seconds before the entire page loads.

2 Likes

@Moderator_1
I haven’t seen anyone else saying they are still having issues, but I am consistently getting logged out.
It happens as I’m surfing within the forum & it also happens if I pop out of the COTH page, look at another open page/tab & then pop back here.
I’m on safari on an iPhone
It happens in both mobile & desktop modes.

2 Likes

Same.

I am only asking this because of the log in issues (people getting other people’s accounts). Did the something they did behind the scenes last night log everyone out?
My profile typically shows me using a chrome book and a PC. When I came here this morning I was not logged in and when I logged in it only showed me using the chrome book (which I am now).

I was logged in earlier, just now had to log in again, so you are right, we were logged out sometime in the last hour or so, maybe?

1 Like

Don’t know when it happened but I just sat down and noticed that yeah, I’d been logged out but I also noticed when I clicked the login, I didn’t really need to log in. :roll_eyes:

My guess that kicking everyone off did have to do with working/fixing/? the issues with users becoming someone else.

Has there been any update/progress on being able to get to a thread through a google search? I feel like any horse question I search on google gives me helpful COTH threads, and that is the main way I used the forum. (Apologies if this has been answered - with 900+ posts its hard to tell).

This is on the list. The developers have larger priorities are the moment, however.

Search here is much, much better than it was. Have you tried using it to find what you’re looking for?

best hack for now is if you find that thread via a google search, copy and paste that, in quotes, or at least some of it, and put it in the search bar here. It works very well, I’ve done it several times this week

For sure, and thank you @JB. But often I’m not searching COTH specifically, just googling something generally and COTH results come up. Just glad to hear the feature (likely) won’t be gone permanently!