Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

Now the top bar is back.
They must have been working on the pages and had switched it off for a bit.

All is well now. :sunglasses:

That happened to me a few days ago, then it resolved as well. I forgot to mention it here. Weird.

This seems like sort of an odd thing. When I used the music emoji, it turned out blue in the post, although I did not choose to make it a different color. It looked black when I typed the reply.

That emoji looks blue to me on the list of available emojis. (Sorry I can not provide a screen shot with this computer.)

Hmm. I didn’t use the BB emojis, just the regular ones in my phone keyboard. But maybe somehow they got replaced by the BB version.

Yeah, your phone emojis will be translated into the board emojis, if you don’t have the same emoji pack as the board.

The board uses
man, I can’t remember. @Moderator_1 told us the specific emoji pack in this thread or another. Unless you have the same emoji pack for your phone, you’re going to type something with your emoji pack, but you’ll see “same” emoji, but the board’s version, here.

Here are all of the iterations of the musical notes in the various emoji languages:

(Okay, we must use the twitter emoji pack. MHM, you’re using the Apple emoji pack?)

Emojis will at least be similar across “languages” but differences–like color–are pretty common, as you can see from the link above.

This is probably only going to be noticeable when using the mobile platform, since most (probably all?) people on the computer are using the emojis here on the board versus emojis that are available on a virtual keyboard.

Strange, I read a post as #303, when going back, it was #325, but to another poster was #303 and yet another said it was neither for her?

Just a strange possible glitch.

What thread
?

Post number relates to the post at the VERY top of the screen. Right now, viewing this thread, the post that’s previous to yours is at the very top of the screen and the slider is showing post # 1110. But your post #1111 is really in the middle of the screen and what I’m looking at.

That can account for small differences in actual post number vs what the board is reflecting, but 303 vs 325 is really too large a difference for that to be the explanation.

Was on CE, WU-FLU thread.

There was some controversy, used that long ago post for an example.
We had different numbers assigned to that post, depending on who looked for it, when?

If I go with ‘in the middle of the screen’ that makes your post #1111 for me. Bluey’s post is only half showing when the post counter says #1111.
Going backwards from the last post number though, your post is #1112 and Bluey’s is #1111. So it is interesting that the post I can only see half of is the post number that is ‘current’ in the slide bar.

Okay so this post:

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/t/wuflu-vaccines-shouldnt-go-to-old-white-people/754277/305

Is showing for me as 303

but is linking as 305 (see end of link)

and you have a picture here as 325:

Yes, that is pretty weird and @Moderator_1 will have fun picking that one apart, I’m sure :rofl:

ETA: oh, actually. 303 and 325 are different posts by the same poster. @bluey is there actually an issue here? Or is this just two inflammatory posts by the same person being mistaken for one another?? I missed it on first look that this is different content on these two post numbers.

As soon as this line that defines the top edge of the post

Passes the bottom edge of the dark bar at the top, the post number changes. This is what I mean by “at the very top of the screen.”

@Moderator_1 Do you know if the hover-over-the-thread-title-to-see-what-it’s-about-before-opening feature will ever return?

@skydy I’m not sure. I miss it too!

We actually had some technical difficulties recently with (ironically) the site they use to report and document responses to the technical difficulties here, so we had some communication breakdown on where they were with resolving some issues I’d reported.

Hopefully as everyone is back to regular work schedules, etc., next week, we’ll get caught up on reprioritizing the punch list and see where we are on some of these requests.

4 Likes

Thanks @Moderator_1 .

I know it’s not high on the priority list but I’m glad to know that it may be back at some point in time.

1 Like

Very weird experience just now.
I have no reading history (I clicked on this thread and it took me to the first post).
Everything is coming up as unread.
The background for the reading area is now a light tan color.
And the most annoying part - Current Events is no longer blocked from my listings.

OH, I have the ‘I am logged in as someone else’ thing going on maybe.
The avatar in the upper right corner of my screen is mine (Trubandloki), but that post above attributed to Sammy_the_Saddlebred is something I just typed and posted.

Edit to add - this is Trubandloki too.

Edit to add 2 - When I click on the avatar in the upper right corner (mine) it says I am Trubandloki.

Hey @Moderator_1 it appears they do not have this problem fixed yet.

More information - I was logged in. I had read the forum already this morning. I had even posted I believe. I went somewhere else, still had this tab open, came back and it is doing this.

Now the fun of remembering my log in password so I can log out and back in.

My format is also posts on a very light creme color, the sides still white.
Don’t know for how long, just notices as you pointed to that.

Luckily I am still myself as a poster, not someone else.

I believe I am back as me.
That was just weird.

There was a glitch on CE yesterday, a poster was replying to someone and at least twice her posts were showing she was replying to herself?

She commented about that, it was strange.