Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

It is strange to be posting and see your post show up as if it was someone else. Eeek.

And now that I am logged back in as me I can not edit my posts above anymore.

To clarify something I posted up there, It appears I had not posted yet today (before those posts). I had read a bunch of stuff but I guess I did not post.

That last may not matter, but who knows, it may be the little detail that would help programmers figure where to look for that glitch.

I figure it does not hurt to give them the information.

Oh, I guess they will want to know that I am on a Chromebook, using Chrome, in mobile view.

I am also seeing a light tannish color as the background for the middle forum section, still white on the outside. It does soften the contrast with the text!

I also see the light ā€˜creamā€™ (for lack of a better word) color (desktop anyway). I wonder if this is intentional in response to our requests to soften the contrast a bit.

I personally could go a bit ā€˜darkerā€™ā€¦

1 Like

That WAS weird. I just came back to my computer and was logged out, went to log back in and saw notifications about trubandloki. Glad I am me and you are you, @trubandloki. Itā€™s definitely disturbing that this happens. Even more interesting, I didnā€™t actually have to log in, I just clicked login and I was back in everything.

So you were me? We switched?
(Just figure that type of information might help the people in charge make this horrible thing stop.)

I think that needs to be alerted to, @Moderator_1 will want to check they do look again into this.

Thanks for tagging Mod 1 again @Bluey. I tagged them above when I first posted about it but things might get lost in their assumed long list of tags and such they will have when they come back from the holiday tomorrow.

It is a very scary thing. I did not even realize I was posting as someone else until I came back and did not see my post. I was just going to post ā€˜where did my post goā€™ and then I realized the post that was there, with a different name on it, was what I posted.
Still having the avatar in the upper right corner as my avatar added to the confusion. When when I clicked the avatar it said I was me, not the person I was posting as.

Thank you all. I sent the dev team a message with a link to this thread where it was first reported.

1 Like

Thank you Mod 1.

Not 100% sure. I hadnā€™t been on the forum for several hours. Came back to surf and saw I was logged out. Odd thing is I am mostly a lurker, but I have had this happen a couple of times now. Last time it happened to me, I was logged into someone elseā€™s account and could see everything as if I were them. This time, I just saw that I had been logged out and I got back in to see you had posted as me. Guessing when you alerted the mods, they logged us both out, hence my needing to re-access. But I wasnā€™t on at the time, so I canā€™t say if we switched places for sure or not.

That is a good guess. I assumed that they were not likely working on a holiday morning that early.

1 Like

I just know when I reported the previous time, someone somewhere did a forced logout and I had to log back in again. Although itā€™s really odd that I never have to ACTUALLY login, just hit the login button and instantly I am back in my account again. No need to input any username or pw. So itā€™s not a complete logout.

Also, when I was in under the other personā€™s account last time, it gave me total access to that other personā€™s acct (like I could see their email address and everything), but it sounds like yours was different. Like you could see all your own stuff, it just had you posting under my username.

I did not try to see your information. I did not click on my avatar far enough to know if what popped up was my stuff. I clicked it and was my name, but did not go further to look at the account information.

I agree that the log out and log in was just a click and I was back in (as me).

No worries if you did. I know when it happened to me before I was just really confused and didnā€™t realize that was what was going on at first. I certainly didnā€™t mean to access other personā€™s info, who would think that could happen?

Seems like a potentially major security thing though, and I wonder if this ā€œquasi-logoutā€ is an indicator as to how insecure it really is? Like here you have user accounts easily swapping in and out somehow behind the scenes. Seem like a logout and back in should require putting in username and pw. Maybe thatā€™s part of the problem?

That all made sense in my head, but not sure it came out clear when typed out.

This is normal for everyone. Youā€™re logged in to the main Chronicle of the Horse site. Clicking login here fetches that login data.

If you want to sign out, sign out from the main site. To log in again, youā€™ll need to enter your credentials.

This is fairly standard single sign on behavior, nothing unusual or concerning :slight_smile: (And I mean just clicking log in here at the forum and fetching the info from the main site, NOT the very concerning issues with winding up in another users account.)

2 Likes

Iā€™m of the personal opinion that Mod1 has no life other than this forum :rofl: :heartbeat: :star_struck: (really just kidding) :blush:

For the first two weeks after the new site rolled out, that would have been a very accurate statement!

I know the tech guys were supposed to have developed a solution that would automatically detect and block those instances where the requests in the system queue got mixed up, but evidently there is work to be done. I donā€™t know if there was anything changed recently that allowed it to happen again, as weā€™d thankfully not been notified of any other instances after they enacted the last fix.

Thank you for letting us know, and Iā€™ll report back when I have more information.

2 Likes

If it was not so weird it would be kind of fun. I have never had an alter soā€¦an alter was kind of fun.