Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

I can’t seem to log out today. I tap on my avatar but only my notifications come up, nowhere to tap on log out.

Will I be logged out automatically after a certain amount of time of inactivity? Between crashing and not being able to find the log out…I give up.

Things were a lot better this morning for awhile but now my iPad is constantly crashing again…

no paint palette on the ^ possible selections

Click your avatar, click your username, click logout.

1 Like

Awww Zu! We had pretty good discussion about you and color in the beta site and how sad you’d be! :kissing_closed_eyes: :laughing:

Definitely check out the FAQ on how to do that. Hex numbers work, and you can actually type in color names like cyan and fuschia

I did that by typing (without the spaces) the following:

[ color = cyan ] cyan [ / color ]

1 Like

Derrrr…thank you!

There’s so much new stuff to remember that it’s easy to forget.

1 Like

I read the FAQ part

?

Where is the color palette ^ it’s not on the above tool bar

please

Can you show us what you see and attach a screenshot? What platform are you using to access the board?

But you don’t have to click the color palatte. All that does is insert this text for you to work with:

[color=#]Text[/color]

You can also just type that. If you type in this:

[color=red]Hello this is red text how fun![/color]

You get this:

Hello this is red text how fun!

Am I the only one who was enjoying the zoominess of the forum today who is now dealing with it being less than fast again?

do you see this?

Slightly slower for me, but still pretty zippy

no

last symbol on tool bar is the setting wheel after the calendar icon

12 possible symbols

paint palette is not in there

So you’re using a mobile device? It looks like this?

You’ll be able to add colored text by typing it out, like I described above :slight_smile:

I recognize we are so very lucky to have this forum and all the wonderful people willing to post, but the current format is terrible. Like super bad. DMV level stuff here.

It’s like…the horse forum now…All tacky and ads galore and hard to navigate; it looked so much better before. I love the wealth of knowledge here, but hate the changes. If everyone leaves, please let me know where you all go.

Begrudgingly, I can say my house is going to get a lot cleaner…

*Trying to just post this was so frustrating, I just want to say thanks to all of you for some wonderful reads, I sure have enjoyed the years spent on this site. The simplicity has been lost, and myself along with it.

6 Likes

What are you having issues with? Have you checked out the FAQs?

I see ads just as they appeared on the old board, other than the last few weeks when there were none

what was frustrating about posting your reply? Right this minute, things have slowed down again, but I’m sure that’s because developers are in there working on stuff

1 Like

yes currently on iPhone … looks like pic you posted

thank you for your help

JB & Simkie

Hello this is black

^ did not work ^ either

Took a long time to edit this … even told me I had to log in …

Again
Thanks for the help anyway
Again

Wow maybe it did after all
Just took time to show up !!

1 Like

I wonder why you get zippy and I get spinning.
I am on work internet and nothing else is slow (not even the crazy grumpy software I use) so it is not my internet.

The tacky ads (as you call them) have been on COTH for a good long time. Just like they are here. We just had a short break of them when the other forum crashed until the move over.
If the ads bother you that much just download some ad blocker. Certainly not worth giving up the wealth of information over some ads on the edges.

Edit to add - I am not complaining about the slowness as much as I am trying to give them a heads up that something changed from this morning when things were running smoothly until now when things are spinning again.

1 Like

I expect many long time posters won’t be going anywhere; COTH has gone through numerous revamps and upgrades in 20 years, there is always some grumbling and confusion for a while afterwards but most people figure things out and stick around.

Speeds seem much improved today! And while yes, navigating is a little confusing at first, once you get your bearings it’s pretty easy to cruise around. I like the suggested topics being ones I’ve replied to, I’m happy that the dropdowns to navigate between subforums is back. No more broken functions! Yay!

3 Likes

Yeah, not the first rodeo here, not the first major change in visuals.

Ads are just the same.

Not sure what “tacky” means.

I can currently navigate quickly, but posting a reply does get some spinning, but it’s not long, and not that big a deal, I KNOW it will resolve once dev finishes whatever they’re doing.

1 Like

Forum is showing up fine on my laptop but I think some work needs to be done on the Kindle platform. It jumps all over the place.

It is probably just an operator error, there seem to be lots and lots of ads. Tacky was my opinion on the layout. Not an advanced computer person by any means.

*That being said I just tried the desktop version and it is much, much better for me than via phone. I retract my dmv and terrible statements.

Good to know you all are planning on staying. I rarely post, so I am certainly not an important contributor. And by all means take my opinion for what it’s worth!

2 Likes

I do not get the big C in the top left that takes you back to the forum list per the FAQ. I have a hamburger menu that drops down and has the regular site links. I’m using Firefox on an Android system.