Unlimited access >

New Forums format

Thumbs down from me

6 Likes

There’s a whole forum for this feedback, along with threads with a lot of tools to ease this transition and inform of ways to navigate:

https://forum.chronofhorse.com/c/technical-help-forum/26

Highly recommend hitting up the FAQ if you’re struggling:

3 Likes

I think every time we upgrade the forum we all hate it until we get used to it. Then years later they upgrade again and we are wishing we had back the forum that we hated when we first got it.

9 Likes

That is true… We don’t like change. lol However, this new format is too busy for me and kind of gives me a headache to look at.

ETA: I tried quoting trubandloki’s post but it didn’t work.

5 Likes

It also helps if, in the Technical forum you tell is what the problems are… maybe there is a way to address them for you or let you know that a missing feature will be coming back.

I hate it enough that I may check out

5 Likes

I agree, it’s not enjoyable or user friendly, and I am a pretty adaptable person.

4 Likes

The easiest way to quote is to highlight the text you want. After you highlight it you will get the grey quote option slightly above it. Pick the quote button and the highlighted words will appear in your replay box as a quote.

Screen shot of what the quote option button looks like after I highlighted your post.

3 Likes

So I was logged in this morning and just now when I came back to my computer someone called “Darkwave” was logged in!!! I’m the only one at my house that uses COTH. This is worrisome! I’m running my spyware right now.

You may want to let @Moderator_1 know…

I replied on the Tech Help forum, but wanted to assure everyone that solving the log-in issue @firebug described is our #1 priority.

1 Like

I despise the new forum format. I just got on for the first time in a while(not THAT long). Flooded with annoying nonstop pop up ads. Hate it. The ads override the topics/posts :-1:

1 Like

Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing? Because this is not my experience so I am guessing Mod 1 will need to see what you are experiencing to help you figure out how to make it work right.
Ads over everything does sound frustrating for sure.

Mod1 will also want to know if you are using desktop or mobile and if mobile, most likely the phone or tablet.

FWIW, many have started out with this new format getting frustrated and not liking it but, over time, do like it as they learn how to use it. Yes, I concur with trubandloki… ads popping up and overlaying content would be extremely annoying.

So true!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the trouble you’re having. Are you on a mobile device or desktop?

If you could provide a screenshot, that would be great, but in the meantime, a couple of suggestions:

The first time someone visits the new site, there is a green pop-up window with links to different help topics, resources, etc. Once you close that window with the X in the upper right corner, you won’t see it again.

On mobile, when some pages load, you may momentarily see ads that load in first before the page content. They shouldn’t be overlapping the content however. If you scroll down past the threads that have loaded on the screen, you’ll see ads appear again while the next batch of threads loads. After the content loads, the ads should disappear.

Does that explain what you’re seeing? If not, could you please elaborate or provide a screenshot so we can look into it for you?

2 Likes