Unlimited access >

Non-silicone grip full seat breeches

Pikeur can be had for so much less now with the strong dollar and weaker euro and GB pound.

3 Likes

I still love Romfh, but a surprisingly nice option is the Ovation Celebrity Slim Secret. Too thick for hot climates but ideal for most places and the thicker fabric hides any lumps and bumps, should you have a few.

I recently got a notice that Tropical Rider is going out of business. There might be some good options on their website

How funny - I just ended up with two pairs of Tropical Riders from my local consignment shop (Brand new!) for a steal. Both have full leather seats.

1 Like

I have a pair of high-rise Hadley full seats from SmartPak that are great. They’re made of that fabric that sheds hay and hair, and the full-seat is a nice suede-like fabric that you can still put in the washer. Especially a good deal if you can get them on sale, which happens often.

Up here in Canada you can get Elation breeches from Greenhawk. They are heavy cotton knit with Clarino seats, good price.

1 Like

I like the Ovations, too. They used to have more colors, but the Monaco Blue is pretty.

1 Like

Pikeur has done a great job adding pockets and they still have several styles with a non-silicone full seat, even for winter! I almost exclusively ride in their breeches and if you buy from Europe, the price is much more reasonable than they used to be. The Candela now comes in a Glamour version with a cell phone pocket (hooray!). It has much less sparkle than their other non-silicone full seats and than the name suggests (my preference). Search for McCrown seat to see the options. They do have limited production on a lot of styles and shipping takes awhile from many sites, so keep that in mind.

3 Likes

I love the Ovation Celebrity Slim Secret breeches too! They are a bit heavy. I’m in FL and I use mine year round but I don’t ride in the worst of the heat regardless.

I like the fabric on the Hadleys as well. They stay clean a long time.

Do you know anywhere that is currently stocking the blue?

Have you shopped at Amira Equi? I get all my Pikeurs there because they have a lot of styles and fabrics. If you need them right away just ask what they have in your size available now. If you can wait they have them make the fabric/style you want. Plus it’s cheaper buying them from England

3 Likes

Have you tried Riding Warehouse?

Yes they don’t stock my fluffy size sadly

I will be selling some36 inch waist equissentials

Darn!! I wear the 32s. I was fortunate to buy a few pairs before the company folded. Love them so much.

1 Like

I know the title is “breeches” and these are pull-ons… but I really like the Irideon full seats and some of them do have belt loops. They’re fake suede, so not as grippy as the Fits or deerskin.

Buckwild Breeches are fantastic for fluffy folks like myself and I love the material. They have some wacky designs with patterns on the seat, but I love wacky, so they’re perfect.

Bumping this thread. I fell in love with the silicone riding tights for comfy and stick factor, but with a new saddle, the silicone sticks to the seat and I move inside the tights. Not comfy or effective.

Any out there that have the yoga pant feel of the silicones but no actual silicone? I dread going back to regular full-seats. Any comments on the Fits Free Flex seat? (I am intrigued by Fits but also am wary of the monkey butt appearance of their usual seat.)

1 Like

Free Ride Equestrian has a few colors of their Pro breeches available with suede full seats. I have a suede knee-patch pair plus several with the silicone and I love them, they’re so comfy and stretchy with just enough structure that I feel put-together wearing them. Their silicone might be worth a try also - I don’t find it as grippy as other brands which I prefer, I can still adjust my seat easily in the saddle without feeling stuck.

1 Like