“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Aww.

On one hand, what a lovely idea.

On the other hand, I hope that doesn’t mean we won’t get frequent updates!

3 Likes

Yep needs a 100 acre yearling field! :star_struck: She was just getting started !

3 Likes

I like the slip, then buck in the second video, like she was mad at herself for slipping.

I think you might have a well-bred yearling and I’m guessing, if you can find her history, that she wasn’t neglected for very long, then she had a very long 6-8 weeks going from KY-TX-quarantine-VA with possibly several other stops in between. As many know TBs can lose condition very quickly, especially growing TBs coming out of winter.

19 Likes

If there is a bill of sale transfer history can her papers be had? My OTTB days were long before microchips!

1 Like

Goll-dog!! She is something else :heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

That little girl sure hit the jackpot with her new digs, and her new mama

8 Likes

If she has papers I doubt if they went with her. If I can positively identify her through microchip and DNA, then I could pay to have her registered I think. Maybe.

9 Likes

If she has a microchip from the JC, doesn’t that mean she is already registered?

My heart just exploded! :heart_eyes: She is showing ALL her TB in that second vid for sure! Legs for daaaayys! Happy happy girl!

4 Likes

No, I had one a few years ago that was chipped and the number was recorded with the JC but the registration wasn’t completed. But the chip told me the sire and dam and breeder.

11 Likes

She really is a lovely mover! What a gem!

2 Likes

Holy smokes she is gorgeous, what an eye you have! And she hit the jackpot, I think * I * would live out in that field :smile:

11 Likes

I love this photo.

Even ribby and underdeveloped, boy, is the underlying bone structure terrific!

7 Likes

That’s the advantage of seeing them thin. You can really eyeball the bone structure and angles! Her neck looks a little short in this pic but I love her hip and shoulder.

19 Likes

Necks change! The rest doesn’t!

5 Likes

I think the neck is the last to grow so it has some time… if what I understand is right.

3 Likes

Yep, hip and shoulder are fantastic, nice elastic movement even at a bit of a gangly stage.

1 Like

I love when she bucks after she slips on the wet grass. She’s stylin’ it out, like, wheeee, totally meant it!! :rofl:

I’m many time zones ahead but so excited for the Thursday appointment to see if she’s chipped.

I have to echo others and say, you genuinely have a good eye. Quite impressive!

7 Likes

What a lovely girl. Can’t wait to see her journey with you!

1 Like

I love watching Nosey gallop around that big field just for the fun of it! It’s wonderful that she already feels that good. :slight_smile:

15 Likes