“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

A colt of the same year;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcTC-Ka4beY

Another yearling filly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-yyc6dYQdA&t=34s

Oh my gosh - now that is an amazing before and after shot. You can see glimmers of her loveliness under the dirt and starvation, but it is just stunning how she is turning out. Just gorgeous. Lovely. :heart:

4 Likes

@skydy,

The similarities are striking.

2 Likes

I thought of Arrogate when I saw her head, but his yearlings do resemble her in more ways than one, don’t they?

Arrogate’s last crop is 3 yrs old now, but he could be her damsire or she could have been sired by one of his sons. On reflection, he seems to only have one son at stud, and 2024 is his first season so she’d have to be related from the dam side, or have been bred from a stallion used privately.

2 Likes

Oh my!! Fun with a ball and baby zoomies!!!

The zoomies went on for about three minutes while the aunties and I stood there and :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

75 Likes

You could send the first video, maybe with a fun voiceover, to Americas Funniest Videos

4 Likes

I started to say well, you could race her. Then remembered no papers. I get ahead of myself watching her run.

Her back works just fine!

3 Likes

I like how the other mares just pretty much completely ignore it. Lol.

7 Likes

Ahhh, there it is, first video

:racehorse::wind_face:

This old Pony is proud.

2 Likes

Well, that made my night. Thank you!

1 Like

It isn’t just that she’s all shed out now, it’s that her coat is blooming. Their coat is such a reflection of their health and spirits.

She’s just where she needs to be, running up and down the slopes! She’ll be strong and hardy.

12 Likes

OMG that was adorable!

1 Like

I love her.

1 Like

That girl can really move!

I’ve had multiple TBs, but only after they came off the track. At that point they were well beyond the zoomies period.

My QH/Paint came to me as a weanling, but she’s always been all about conservation of energy! :rofl:

4 Likes

Nosey, you make my heart sing!

2 Likes

I have a 17 year old OTTB that still gets the zoomies once in awhile. Some never outgrow it :joy:

4 Likes

This is what I’m dying to find out as a TB person.

14 Likes

Oh. My. Gosh! That is so adorable! Like a toddler playing tee ball! I second sending in the ball video to AFV.

My 20 year old still hasn’t outgrown the zoomies. He likes to hoon around like a weanling (I imagine) laughing at my reaction to the potential vet bills spinning like a roulette wheel in my head, lol.

7 Likes