“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

On the Arrogate theory, if they are related at all, more likely a common ancestor than offspring, IMO. Unbridled’s Song, for example, same type and “look”.

6 Likes

I rode an Unbridled Song son.
What a great, great horse.

2 Likes

Thanks for this lesson in care and feeding.

2 Likes

I love how the chesnut auntie next you clearly does not see what the fuss is about, and wants you to to stop filming the hyper kid and just give her some treats already. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Chestnut auntie had zero interest in joining the shenanigans :rofl: I stood next to her while filming so I could stay safe!

41 Likes

Best looking body guard I ever saw.

9 Likes

Probably. It would be quite a long shot if she was directly related to Arrogate on the damside, but her head reminded me of him.

3 Likes

Awww! I just can’t get enough of watching her! So adorable how playful and happy she is. She’s having a great time with that ball. I love when the turbo kicks in when she’s running! Shows off all her TB. She is going to be something very special when you finally get to back her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

2 Likes

I am willing to bet every penny I have that she is not a three year old from Arrogate’s last crop. :rofl:

21 Likes

As much as I adore these pics and videos, I’m also looking forward to Nosey Starts Kindergarten.

20 Likes

I’ll join you in that bet! She is a yearling, not a 3 year old.

I’m surprised that Bowie Livestock doesn’t take a look in the young horses mouths and relies on what they are told about a young horses age.

I hope that the filly’s pedigree can be discovered one day.

1 Like

It would be really cool to see who she is!

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone suggested that she was. :wink:

2 Likes

We are looking not so small anymore. And gratuitous pretty trot pic just because :slightly_smiling_face:

87 Likes

Swoon!!! She’s getting a piece of the hack for sure!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I’m going to hazard a guess that quite a number of horses come their way, and for all the window shopping there are few bidders.

Overall, Horses that populate bowie’s pens arent a reliable commodity that routinely makes anyone any real profit. IOW they get a shed load of junk and occasional gems.

4 Likes

I’m sure you are right.

Thinking about it , they are a low end auction, and I am ignorant of how they are managed, but I’d guess that oral examinations of the horses (even just the young ones) would require more time and disposable gloves than they could expend.

5 Likes

Chestnut mares just don’t care. Lol.

1 Like

Didn’t the original listing at Bowie say that Nosey was not even halter broke? When it turned out she was actually very polite about it?

I don’t know what sort of numbers they handle, but I would guess that if you have a group of six or eight or ten babies come through that you don’t think are halter broke, it would probably seem like an uphill battle to look at all their teeth to try to age them.

Especially if the person who sent them already told you how old they were, whether or not it was accurate.

13 Likes

Posting again bc this said it better :grin:

14 Likes