“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Pony and my horse have a lot they can talk about, re feet and feet cushions. :smile:

1 Like

I love that forelock through the mask!

It’s going to come back with no hits and we are all going to be so disappointed. :rofl:

8 Likes

Noooooo! Don’t even think that.

3 Likes

These two are no longer available, since they already found a new home. So I’m not trying to enable anyone with this post.

But I’m just amazed by what these guys will do so casually with these horses at Bowie to try to help them get new homes. I would not try that under those circumstances, or any circumstances that I could imagine, really. Props to this guy!

I hope these two landed in even half as nice a situation as Nosey. :slight_smile:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?id=100064603785591&story_fbid=848619760634809

14 Likes

The resilience of these horses…
To be in such a place, with your foal, a guy hops up and rides up and down that chute… She’s so thin.

I sure hope they land somewhere better than wherever they came from

12 Likes

Ditto.

I’m impressed someone his age can still swing up bareback!! :joy:

12 Likes

What a good mare! And only 4?? Someone got a good one there. And her filly is gorgeous.

I wish I could swing up on mine (also 16 hands) like that. I can barely get on him bareback with my mounting block. There’s a lot of squirming and grunting on my part while he’s walking off…not pretty, LOL.

Looking forward to more Nosey news!

7 Likes

I have never been able to swing up on any horse of any height. She’s a kind looking mare.

1 Like

Since we’re comparing bareback swing-ups – I could do that until my early 30’s. But I had to keep up arm strength, mostly by pushing down on the top of the high chest of drawers.

These days I don’t mount from the ground, ever. Prefer a high mounting stool. If there is none, might use a fence or car bumper.

1 Like

This is one that came in with the same group as Nosey, look at that movement! Somebody bred some fancy babies and dumped them.

Facebook

10 Likes

Wow. Nice filly. What a shame.

I wonder if a breeder of homebreds died, and their heirs weren’t horsey or interested.

5 Likes

When is your surgery? We’ll try to keep you entertained while you’re out of commission. :hugs:

3 Likes

August 16! Depending on how much damage they find with the menisci, it’s either two weeks on crutches or 6-8 weeks, then six months of rehab and recovery. Full ACL reconstruction. Very bummed.

Do you have a golf cart to use at home? That’ll make checking on horses and the farm easier anyway.

There’s a quiet 2010 AQHA mare that is appealing, number 2829 Katie Duke Hancock. She looks sound at the trot - just has a “what on earth” expression at this guy and the goings on. I can’t get her, but someone should…

And 2837, a 17yo buckskin gelding that is a bigger, bulldog type, but bless his heart, he w/t/c in that little space with a rope halter and a stranger bareback, quiet while he’s waving a flag around. He’s pretty nice, I think, with a blemish on one foot.

1 Like

Right?!?

2 Likes

We have a Polaris side-by-side vehicle but it’s my right knee so I’m not sure that driving anything is going to be easy the first few weeks.

1 Like

I wonder if the pedal could be rigged for left footed use, or somehow rigged with a bar for hand use? Do you know any creative mechanic types?