“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

That looks like a pretty nice breakfast club and a good invitation to get up every morning!

9 Likes

They look like a lucky bunch to have such a beautiful setting for breakfast!

Does Nosey have flowers in her mane and tail?

3 Likes

Since I can’t do stalls and heavy barn chores at the moment all of mine are living out right now, and I braided insecticide ear tags into their manes and tails to help with the bugs.

24 Likes

Does this work? How often do you have to replace the tags?

Nosey Posey seems to enjoy living out. It will give her time to practice her lead change, so that when she grows up, it is already perfect.

How’s your knee feeling? Is your cat still purring it well?

6 Likes

Such a beautiful setting! I am sure she is enjoying heaven, even if she had to go through hell to get there.

6 Likes

@Renn_aissance They worked well for about a week, until today when those little flies that like the back and belly came out. They all had to come in because they were stressed by the tiny buggers. Oh well, it was worth a try.

3 Likes

I look at that video and can just imagine Nosey at that long gallop, headed down to a big oxer in an ammy owner hunter class. She looks fabulous.

And I think I found Horse Heaven.

21 Likes

Just for fun we tried something new today. The saddle weighs eight pounds and we were pretty ho-hum about it.

92 Likes

She looks so good!

5 Likes

She looks like you can put anything you like on her as long as her haynet is full. Lol.

12 Likes

I know how she feels.

21 Likes

That’s one nice lead change before she goes through the gate.

1 Like

I was pretty impressed that she let me put the saddle on and lightly girthed her up without tying her. She walked around the stall a bit but then she had her priorities sorted. Nomnomnom

37 Likes

This really shows how much she’s grown. That saddle would have looked huge on her a few months ago, now it looks good.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. The before pictures with a saddle on would have looked like an SPCA call waiting to happen. Lol.

5 Likes

I always started strapping a saddle on them in the stall. with an observer so they don’t rub on the wall. We’d also tie a flexible straight rubber bit on a halter and let them eat with it on.

Eventually we’d put a light wgt person leaning over on them, then sitting up, bareback - in the stall. Never had a young one question it at all.

Nosey’s gonna be a star.

11 Likes

A gal after my own heart! She looks lovely - gleaming with good health.
Wishing you a quick rehab post-op so you can “get back to it” sooner rather than later!

4 Likes

Hope everything is going well with Nosey and the OP. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m doing well thank you! Much better than expected at two weeks post surgery.

Nosey has been getting very sassy so I’m continuing her baby sessions on the ground to give her something to think about besides harassing the aunties and chewing on me. These were taken today, and I love that they show a glimpse of what she’ll look like when mature. A very noble head on her.

There was some bunny hopping but no fear whatsoever.

86 Likes

Oh, my goodness! She looks fantastic!!

Future hack winner for sure!!! :heart:

15 Likes