“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

HO-O-O-OLY COW!! Wow! Go Nosey!

8 Likes

She’s got the stretchy circle down :slight_smile:

14 Likes

No kidding. 10!

7 Likes

Now that is one nicely put together and nice moving youngster! Darn.

She is so relaxed with this lovely way of going.

And look how amazing she is doing with the added saddle.

12 Likes

Wowza! And are we sure she’s a yearling? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
(Says 5 foot 1 inch me who makes a 14.3 hand hony look like a giant.)

5 Likes

The cool thing about putting the saddle on for the first time or two is that it can really get them to bring their back up (or the opposite, go hollow and stiff) and you get to see a little into the future! Nosey has a three-yr-old filly coming to keep her company in the next week so hopefully some of her playful energy can get dispersed that way!

I might put the saddle on again once or twice and then put it away again until next year.

29 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that you are feeling better than expected!

Nosey looks lovely. I think you are wise to keep her mind occupied with early exposure to the elements of her future job.

Will the three-yr-old filly be staying or just visiting for awhile?

6 Likes

Hopefully staying! She’s a foxhunting prospect and could use some kiddo exposure.

22 Likes

Of course we’ll need photos…

12 Likes

She looks so great, and glad to hear you’re on the mend!

3 Likes

Ya’ know, this is further proof that either they have it or they don’t.

And Nosey’s “got it.”

Just so lovely!

8 Likes

Nosey Posey Pudding and Pie, you are going to grow up to be one lovely lady.

Don’t let it go to your head, or your aunties will have something to say to you.

12 Likes

Here you go!

She’s a 3yo draftie cross and she could use a new name. Not a stitch of white on her and the color of Virginia mud. She arrived this evening and is out with my “loves everyone” gelding right now but she’ll meet Nosey this weekend and hopefully they’ll be playful besties.

44 Likes

Lovely! She’s a chunk. :grin:

Plain Red Wrapper. Wrapper for barn name.

7 Likes

I thought of Anne of Green Gables when I saw her, but I have no idea how to get a horse name out of that.

3 Likes

Aww. She has a beautifully kind eye.

5 Likes

Virginia Mud is a cute name.

She is adorable.

I hope her and Nosey become fast friends.

9 Likes

Virginia. Only the owner would know it’s Virginia Mud, to the outside ear it sounds super southern-classy

7 Likes

Here in NE TN we call that “red-clay” color. I really wish one of my girls came in that shade since I spend so much time cleaning it off of them! :rofl:

Anyway, if she matches your mud, I’d call her Camouflage, “Cammie” for short.

5 Likes

Or look at the names for various shades of brown and see if you can get inspiration there.

Copper Beech would be cool.

6 Likes