Unlimited access >

Numping with Socks on, Dodgeball, Fish Tacos, Baby Quiches -- an Insider's Guide to B

This whole “numping” reference of last night got me thinking that there are may inside jokes that have resulted from funny interactions here.

Off the top of my head, I know we have Peeps. Oh, boy do we have Peeps. But I wasn’t around for the arrival of Peeps. I merely propagate it.

Further into the genre of edible items, there are fish tacos, and even baby quiches. A mere reference to any of the above can send BBers into a frenzy. I am sure there are many others. I for one am really intrigued by what the baby quiches are all about.

Would anyone like to elaborate on any of the established buzzwords? Or, for any old timers, share some more that I may have omitted? It could be fun for the originators to reflect, and also good for lurkers and new people to read, if only to validate the collective insanity.

I actually heard the fish taco story from hobson on a trail ride this summer and tears came to my eyes. But I am sure others could better elaborate.

Anyway, let’s spill it, for the good of the order, and create a primer on BB buzzwords.

[This message was edited by rockstarr on Sep. 17, 2002 at 09:36 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hobson:

_ As everyone knows,_ DMK, it depends on the kind of numping you’re doing; but sometimes you’ve just gotta drop those stirrups and do “airplane” with your arms.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, fair enough…

But after some consultation with Hattie, we need more clarification on this whole numping thing.

1. Is deeper better?

2. Do judges prefer a faster or more stately pace?

3. Is rhythm still king?

[I]“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)[/I]

1. yes
  2. faster
  3. most of the time

and:

1. size matters

That Aunt Esther stuff is priceless.

I mentioned this in another thread, but joliemom and other Aunt Esther aficionados may recall a skit on the Conan O’Brien show, from several years ago, when Robert Stack did a spoof of Unsolved Mysteries. The mystery was, “Where’s Grady?” And it mirrored the show. Spooky fog, Stack in a raincoat, the whole nine. The slow-mo shot they kept repeating, over and over, was Grady getting whacked in the head with that purse. Classic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeyYouNags:
Lordy, you don’t want to be forced to explain that concussion to the emergency room personnel.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nor that broken nose. Not that I would know from experience, or anything. But if the helmet doesn’t fit right, you’re safer numping without it. Unless you stuff peeps into the too-big spaces to create a better fit.

Mr FairWeather Vince told me he’s only humoring Flashy Grey to ensure that she doesnt thrust spurs into her eyes when she see’s us cavorting down the lane.

“Beer. Now there’s a temporary solution.”–Homer
FairWeather
CANTER West Virginia

but why not? its perfectly healthy.

To nump, or not to nump. That is the question.

I vote for numping.

Laura

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
But does one ever nump Solo? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you believe that Chef numped Solo today, at a horse show of all places? And it was a one day stand too!!! I even have a picture!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

I suppose tack nosebands and VA horse trainer might need an explanation…

A certain BB’er (hereinafter referred to as She Who Was Banned But Came Back or SWWBBCB) had an alter and posted a thread that was so obviously designed to cause trouble (and Lord Knows, we LOVE trouble). Naturally, another poster, sort of famous for her gullibility (and opinions) in this area, took the bait with all the finesse of a starving shark… And chaos ensued. That was truly our finest moment in Alterdom.

Of course my deep dark secret is that I know exactly which other BBer encouraged, nay, practically dared SWWBBCB to post that thread. But my lips are sealed. For a price…

[I]“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”

They didn’t nott to unnerstan me aber I haff thinked it vos hysterical.

CHARTER MEMBER: WILLEM FAN CLUB

People for the ethical treatment of fromage!

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>people with no morals seem to gravitate to KennettSquare? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

She rounds us up in order to keep an eye on the mischief!

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

Do the cats watch you when you’re numping? Do they nump too?

“I’m designed for sitting. That’s why my butt is covered in soft fur.” Dogbert

Like you would understand anything about numping DMK

1. Draw reins are helpful
  2. Depends on how badly you want the blue.
  3. Overrated.

you forgot me as one of the original porch sitters too …and as far as I know, there is no numping allowed.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Told you I was first. I have numped the best, and I must say that Vincenze was one of my Uber Numps.

Well lemme just go whack a peep in the microwave now and have it with my a.m. margarita.

What can I say Coreene, Fairweather and Flashy…

Vincent has numped the rest, now he wants to nump the best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
But does one ever Nump Solo?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, yes! Han Solo and I numped all over the galaxy!

Proud member of the “Huh. I thought I’d fixed that” phase of baby green hunter ownership.

This whole “numping” reference of last night got me thinking that there are may inside jokes that have resulted from funny interactions here.

Off the top of my head, I know we have Peeps. Oh, boy do we have Peeps. But I wasn’t around for the arrival of Peeps. I merely propagate it.

Further into the genre of edible items, there are fish tacos, and even baby quiches. A mere reference to any of the above can send BBers into a frenzy. I am sure there are many others. I for one am really intrigued by what the baby quiches are all about.

Would anyone like to elaborate on any of the established buzzwords? Or, for any old timers, share some more that I may have omitted? It could be fun for the originators to reflect, and also good for lurkers and new people to read, if only to validate the collective insanity.

I actually heard the fish taco story from hobson on a trail ride this summer and tears came to my eyes. But I am sure others could better elaborate.

Anyway, let’s spill it, for the good of the order, and create a primer on BB buzzwords.

[This message was edited by rockstarr on Sep. 17, 2002 at 09:36 AM.]