Unlimited access >

Numping with Socks on, Dodgeball, Fish Tacos, Baby Quiches -- an Insider's Guide to B

posted by coreene:

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Might as well nump. Nump !
Go ahead, nump. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was around for the Peeps and their plight…LOL I’m still dying to try Chicky Pippy cake. Never fully understood the “fish taco” thing (I really missed the boat there) I no longer call ear stuffings “pom poms”…they are most certainly “ear bunnies”. GM stands for George H Morris…not General Motors. I remember WAY back and know what “the porch” refers to, and who is priviledged enough to sit on it…Chippendales also fall into that category. And a few of us here actually know what the Group W bench is! SUZ

Proud member of the following:
Rust TS CliqueSC’ers CliqueEBayers Anon CliqueGroup W Bench CliqueDo It Yourself Clique

DMK, you have an uber-sick sense of humor. You have corrupted my enjoyment of the pink peeps socks. A gift so innocently given, so joyfully received…now Funny Socks Thursdays will forever be shadowed by the profane spectacle that is numping…

in the struggle for Vincent…

[I]“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”

Albert Einstein (1878-1955)[/I]

(removing any BBers from the equation)

one can nump in public in Prague and not get arrested. I saw it on HBO.

Yeesh, oh long lost one - I thought my post made it perfectly clear I was trying to edjamucate myself!!!

[I]“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”

Many a weekend has been salvaged on less than that concoction.

Friendship is Love without his wings
-Lord Byron

Coreene - I am quite sure you are remembering incorrectly…

As far as ASTM helmets and numping go, to be sure when safety is considered, they are preferred, by I understand there are still those that go “hatless” so to speak…

in my expert opinion, the Inverness Problem is a numping no-no (coitus nonstartus).

We shouldn’t leave out the wonderful “Suffering Pines” saga - a BB classic tale.

And then there is our friend “The Witchy, Witch, Witch of central NC” - the BB’s own phoenix rising from the ashes.

Has no one mentioned thongs(?)(!) and the highway to infection?

I’m not 40-something. I’m $39.95, plus shipping and handling.

[This message was edited by Inverness on Sep. 13, 2002 at 04:07 PM.]

he just rang me up, DMK.

Robby, who once portrayed “Numper” in the Adult Version of “Bambie.”

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

“Da numpty dance is yo chance to do the nump~ Do the numpty nump…do the numpty nump”… OK…bad joke… SUZ

Proud member of the following:
Rust TS CliqueSC’ers CliqueEBayers Anon CliqueGroup W Bench CliqueDo It Yourself Clique

Baby quiches started in a moment of profound silliness between Jeb and I. It’s on the infamous “Dog Park Etiquette” thread.

Of course, the “rest of the story” is that there were several long gone and VERY contentious threads going on that left the Gore v. Bush thread in the dirt (mud?) for sheer mudslinging. I’m not sure who, but someone came up with the completely off-the-subject discussion of baby quiches on one of those threads, and a few of us who were just a little sick of said thread leaped right on in, thereby defusing said thread with silliness…

And so a tradition was born.

But the funniest thing of all was that I heard (and this is merely hearsay) that the person who was the subject of the aforementioned threads came to believe that “baby quiches” was code for a reference to said person. I had to giggle at the thought of such self importance.

Naturally, The Horror That Peeps Endure was a natural extension of the Plight of the Baby Quiches…

Dog Park Etiquette or the Birth of a Quiche

[This message was edited by DMK on Sep. 12, 2002 at 11:30 AM.]

Or driving a Zamboni while drinking Labatt’s Blue and singing the Canadian National Anthem - that would be the initiation ritual to the Canadian Clique. I certainly don’t remember…

You have to be smarter than the horse, and since that will never happen, pretend you are.

I’m lost since my recent demotion from trainerdom…

We all have lots of loff in our hearts and all the peeps here (I loff them) really are the greatest.

But the newest one that I saw recently was “Approved Helmet Nazis,” which I do hope will go away because that’s really a horrid thing to say.

Well hobson, us Autonomous Rebels are prone to doing such things…

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Schoolmarm’s Porch, to be precise. Imported here piece by piece from the old E-search boards.

The old-timers – meaning old in age – sit on the Porch drinking out of the still which Hunt Jump SC maintains, knitting ear covers out of baling twine and fixing anything that breaks with duct tape. Schoolie is still duct-taped and baling-twined into a rocker on the sunny corner, though she doesn’t wake up often enough to visit much. Boss Hoss and Mrs. Mouse are Original Porch Sitters. We keep Boss Hoss plied with pink pills lest she start seeing ghosts again.

The younger types, just emerged from the juniors, get to stake out a place on the Porch steps. Becca, Kellybird, Jo, and Nickelodeon are Original Stair Sitters, but they’ve all aged to the point that they’ve have made it all the way to the top step. They occasionally get to sneak a sip from the still.

The kids have to make do with the lawn, where they tend the ponies and sheep that run free there.

The Chippendales come to visit to entertain for special holidays, courtesy of HSM.

“I’m designed for sitting. That’s why my butt is covered in soft fur.” Dogbert

From the dressage contingent – Frying pan and tiara.

Did this “numping” thing start with someone complaining about their SO not taking his socks off??? Because there is NOTHING more annoying!!! Please, at least take the time to get undressed!

Aqha Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMK:
in the struggle for Vincent…

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh count me IN on this rumble! You two are going DOWN for that quirky head-tilting man!
Although Get me Mr. Hottie Pants Michael Chiklis from “the shield” and I’ll give up Vince!!!

“Beer. Now there’s a temporary solution.”–Homer
FairWeather
CANTER West Virginia

Lordy, I did not know that there were battery-operated helmets available. Why didn’t anyone tell me?