Unlimited access >

Nunn Finer / Bits of Britain - experiences?

First time ordering with Bits of Britain: the order (two saddle pads) was received, payment was processed.

Then nothing. No update. 8 full days pass, no update of any kind.

When called, the person was unfriendly, said that the email was entered wrong. When asked about the order, the person mumbled. Excuse me? “I was talking with myself,” was the answer. Update on the order? “Hasn’t left yet.” Why? “The items haven’t been received yet.” That means the items aren’t at your warehouse?

Refund requested. Very unfriendly.

Physical address lists Nunn Finer at the exact same place:
141 Union School Rd Oxford PA 19363

Are they the same company?
And what have your experiences been?

Yikes! :grimacing:

I have ordered from them in the past, but not recently; I saw some reins that I’m interested in (I already have some Nunn Finer reins but these sounded a bit better), but now I’m reluctant to pull the trigger based on your post. Am interested to hear what others’ experiences are.

1 Like

John Nunn sold the business several years ago, and it’s gone seriously downhill since.

There’s a thread about it here, you’re certainly not alone!

7 Likes

John kept the Nunn Finer business, sold Bit of Britain. Order from Nunn Finer for sure!!

11 Likes

Ah yes - good point!

Bit of Britain notoriously has atrocious customer service and just doesn’t fulfill orders. I’ve never had a good experience with them.

If you want Nunn Finer products, I’d order directly from NF and skip BoB completely.

3 Likes

To add to that - John Nunn runs a fabulous business at Nunn Finer. I had a question on an order and he personally called me to discuss.

He’s active in the community and a huge supporter.

Bit of Britain as it is today has nothing to do with Nunn Finer - and should not be a reflection of it.

7 Likes

I had a terrible experience ordering a helmet from Bit of Britain a few years ago. It took them 2 months to ship, with no communications.

1 Like

From my understanding, BoB is now more of a distribution center rather than part of a storefront or warehouse. So they probably have to actually receive what you ordered from whatever manufacture it comes from then ship it to you.

Nunn Finer has a store front and warehouse, and as many have mentioned, is wonderful!

1 Like

I ordered a show shirt last month (that I didn’t really need), but it was 50% less than anywhere else. I’d heard a lot of bad press about BoB since it sold. I wasn’t in a hurry, so figured if I got it fine. If I didn’t, I could run a dispute through my credit card. I got an “order received” email that said I’d get another message when the item shipped. I didn’t hear anything else for 9 days, so I called. I was friendly about my query and the agent was very nice. She said my order was going out that day and sorry about the delay. I got an email with tracking info in a couple hours and the shirt arrived 48 hrs later.

Are they going to be my new go-to equestrian shop? Nope, but if they have an item at a bargain that I don’t urgently need…maybe. Buyer beware.

1 Like

I’ve ordered 3 things from them in the past ~ 3 years.

• Helmet in 2020 - order a bit slow, but everything was slow that year. Great price, no issues, but return policy isn’t great if your size is wrong.
  • I ordered boots last year that were “in stock” but then 2 weeks later my friend who ordered the same ones had hers and I had nothing/no email/etc. Emailed CS and they let me know item was out of stock, cancelled the order, and refunded me. Not sure when they would have let me know if I hadn’t emailed.
  • Then, I ordered a few weeks ago for a Kerrit’s rain jacket - price was the best online, and it came in a little under 2 weeks. Slower than many competitors, but perfectly reasonable, despite our 2 day expectations :grinning:

So…if I know my size and am certain of the purchase, and am not in a rush, I’d use them again. For things I may need to return/exchange, I normally go with smartpak/Dover/schneiders/etc.

1 Like

I wouldn’t order from BOB every again. I had ordered something a while back- same thing no updates, no tracking, nothing for weeks. And they were rude when I called for an update and not very nice about cancelling and refunding. There are many other places that sell the same type or same products with way better customer service that I’d rather support!

1 Like

Bit of Britain was purchased by the same company that runs Tack of The Day a few years ago.

Love John Nunn / Nunn Finer! Huge supporter of eventing. Quality products and outstanding customer service. I no longer do any business w BoB.

https://www.nunnfiner.com/

Joan from Flatlands

1 Like

I believe they were purchased by the same people who do Horze/Equinavia
RIP the original Tack of the Day - I used to religiously check it every day, now it’s in my unsubscribe pile. It’s the modern version of those old State Line Tack newspaper flyers that came in the mail (dating myself).