Official Tokyo Olympic Eventing Thread

I think they said its an overgirth?

1 Like

Polish rider lost her stirrup but finished

3 Likes

Did the Polish rider come in without a stirrup?

EDIT: Nevermind - my question was apparently answered just before I asked! Does anyone know how that happened? My video cut out then came back on right before she came in. I was thinking her stirrups looked long, but then I realized she didn’t have one!

2 Likes

Something that looked like a strap fell sometime during her round… Lucinda said it was her watch that fell but watch was still on her left wrist. She looked down at her right leg right before the camera cut

2 Likes

Yes, hubby saw that and thought it was a stirrup too. He apparently has a good eye because he saw a horse throw a shoe much earlier and the commentators never said anything about that either.

2 Likes

He’s a natural!

1 Like

Wow, Sandra Auffarth had a runout. That will give the Brits some breathing room.

3 Likes

Man, what a bummer for her and Germany! She would have been well within time and the horse looks like he’d run around again if he could.

1 Like

That Brazillian horse was just done.

3 Likes

Anyone else see that horse have diarrhea and then quit?

3 Likes

I’m having my husband watch a little too. I had my 2.5yr old on my lap before bed and he was keeping up with the commentating as well. “Oooh! Cheval dans l’eau!.. Uh oh! la bois a tombé!” (Horse in the water! Uh oh, the wood fell!) When someone caught the frangible coming out of the water.

Told my husband it was time to get him a pony for the backyard (we live in downtown Montreal :wink: )

4 Likes

That was hard to watch. I’m so glad he didn’t try to chase her over the last few jumps.

6 Likes

Very hard to watch. I was yelling to stop hitting him. Glad he relented.

3 Likes

that was awful that the rider didnt pull up before the horse simply said “I cant canter, or trot anymore, much less jump”
as an amateur (me) it was obvious,

6 Likes

Yeah… I agree, although I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe in the heat of the moment it’s harder to judge? I hope that I would be able to. I mean, the poor horse completely quit cantering so hopefully I would pick up on that…

5 Likes

I think the little mare looked like she was tying up. So sad to watch.

5 Likes

Yes, and not the first. The upwards tail, big arc…I’m dry as a bone here folks…

Another loose strap! Or unstuck tape? On the not-Russian :roll_eyes: horse’s boot. I’m proud because I noticed this one before my husband did for once!

Sweden as a team is out because of the lack of dressage score by the substitute.

Did anyone complete the direct on the coffin ?