Official Tokyo Olympic Eventing Thread

Is the hold because of the rider from Japan or something else?

I agree, I prefer her over other commentators I’ve heard (but it could partially be the calming british accent?). I also love how she genuinely seems to enjoy watching, not all commentators have as much joy and focus on being critical

8 Likes

Yes, I’m confused as well. Wish the announcers would explain the hold.

EN says Robin Godel fell.

They may not know. My understanding is that they just have whatever shows on the screen in front of them, plus any info that may be fed to them.

2 Likes

It can’t be good, given how long the hold is. Hope Robin and his horse are okay.

Apparently Andrew Hoy was allowed to dismount and go into a cooling tent. Could be a long hold.

ETA: They just showed a horse ambulance leaving. That’s not good :frowning:

2 Likes

They showed shots of black curtains around the horse ambulance. Not good.

Horse ambulance…ughhhhhhhhh

That’s a bit concerning.

the horse ambulance is deployed

This is nervewracking.

I hate censorship. By not communicating what is going on, it just makes those of us who are on the fence about eventing anyway, more on the OTHER side of the fence. Before I get a lot of “it’s for privacy” comments, rot, it’s so PETA and other animal activist groups don’t go nuts. As if they don’t go “nuts” already. Ugh.

3 Likes

I can’t find anything on EN. I must not know where to look.

I can’t even get EN to load right now.

2 Likes

me either

I think everyone must know that EN is the place to look. They tend to be the most on the latest news.

1 Like

Andrew Hoy home double clear.

5 Likes

So happy for him, after that very long hold!

1 Like

EN is being blitzed by everyone trying to find out what they know - that’s taking the site down for the rest of us.

Andrew Hoy is so still over the horse – I always love watching him ride XC.

3 Likes