Official Tokyo Olympic Eventing Thread

I understand. However, they may not know instantly what the injury is, and what is the prognosis.

4 Likes

OMG is anybody else getting excessive commercials now? Sometimes it shows 20 sec of coverage and then goes to another commercial. Watching on NBC Sports via Fire Stick. It’s super annoying. They became more frequent about half an hour ago but now it’s ridiculous.

7 Likes

Jet Set reported to be up and okay according to the broadcast.

8 Likes

It’s not censorship, when they know something concrete they will pass that along.
There they just said Jet Set was fine.

4 Likes

Yuuuuup. They did so many during the hold, Andrew was going again when they stopped and I had no idea if anything had been said about Robin.

1 Like

They do commercials when there’s a hold, or some other delay, and between groups of riders.

2 Likes

Happy about that! Z may be scraped up after that last water, and it looked like Thomas lost a shoe. Super grooms, you are up!

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking there are going to be quite a few horses needing to be held together to get through the jog tomorrow.

Who thought that camera on rails right next to the approach to a jump was a great idea? I’ve only noticed two horses giving it the side-eye so far but jeez.

9 Likes

I can’t believe they have that moving camera on rails so close to the jump. I’m surprised only a couple of horses have spooked at it.

ETA: Ha ha, obviously I’m not the only one who doesn’t like that camera!

3 Likes

Jinx! :rofl:

1 Like

Geez, another rider with a ton of grease! It’s all in the tail!

2 Likes

I think Lucinda might be sleepy. She’s starting to sound like she’s muttering to herself at times.

1 Like

Maybe they think it’s some weird dog running along :joy:

1 Like

The French horse stayed very focused next to the camera…meanwhile I find it totally distracting even as a viewer!

1 Like

I’m excited to see Tim and Michael! It’s a shame they’ll be overlapping.

Chipmunk broke the frangible corner at 14! That will put Germany behind the US and Michael father down the order.

3 Likes

Tim 1.2 time penalties. Michael frangible at 14c.

I want to say this twice because I didn’t think this was a thing we were going to be saying this weekend. :open_mouth:

but I was not expecting this pair to pull a pin!

3 Likes

I’m wondering a bit if the penalty might get retracted as there have been a lot of horses hitting it all day and it could have been weakened by the time he got there, but we’ll have to see. There was another, I think maybe the first Irish rider, that I don’t think it should have triggered.

6 Likes