Unlimited access >

Old Timers! does anyone remember the thread where....BUMPING to revive...anyone recall?

a member shared what her builder did for her barn—(great descriptive easy to ‘see’ photos) where, her ‘interior’ stall walls, were moveable…could be ‘slid’ in one piece (not hinged and folded) to another spot, and large deep ‘pins’ would fit into the holes there to hold the wall in the new position. I kept that forever! even had a hard copy once upon a time…but my little barn couldn’t accomodate it and it was lost long ago…

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/around-the-farm/168017-trying-to-find-the-thread?331366-trying-to-find-the-thread=&highlight=sliding+stall+wall

1 Like

carman!!! You’r’e GREAT! :slight_smile:

This is what I LOVE about COTH. A bunch of people spread all over the universe collectively creating a million threads with a billion posts for half a century… Ask a question-- does anyone remember a thread? 15 minutes later it’s “yeah sure it’s this one.” No big deal.

I have to say Bluey and JB are often out front. :smiley:

10 Likes

:slight_smile: I know…I thought I wouldn’t have a hard time finding it at all ! I’d (as the link shows) searched before to re share it again — but, duh. I couldn’t find it this time! I love the site for the same, but it does seem we’ve lost some of those wise ones.

1 Like

We have a movable panel, but is a special situation.
We have an 80’ length, 40’ half of it has stall fronts, so we can add stalls there if needed, but have not, so is used as a long run in shed.
The other half has three stalls, around 14’ x 13’+.
The first stall has a swinging panel we can open and so that 40’ open run in now has an extra 14’ to make it a 54’ run in.
We have used it in that configuration mostly, unless we get a new horse that needs to be across the others until they know each other and he can be turned out with the others.

Hope that makes sense, swinging divisions between stalls may work if when folded back don’t impede access where is needed.

Most stalls I know you can just take the division side up, if boards slide them out, if a panel take it out.
Normally, most people rarely need an extra large stall, like for a mare and foal or stall restriction for some reason, like an injury.
Having outside pens connected to the stalls could also fill the need for extra room.

trying to BUMP back this old inquiry as someone on a FB group was asking about moveable stall walls…I remembered seeing an idea here, but now it looks like this link shared to the posting is too old/not working. anyone else recall the thread?

1 Like

thank you so much!! I wish I could find the pages I printed from the original posts…I recognize this as one of them, but there were more images which made it clear how it worked…but that was so kind of you to find that one!!

This appears to be the original post. Did you scroll down? There are quite a few pictures in that thread.

1 Like

oh simkie!! I’m so embarrased as I didn’t realize there were more photos. THANK you so much!! I’ve now saved every line from OP explaining it and saved every photo! I really appreciate you taking the time for me!!!

1 Like