Southern: LA
Kinda-southern: SLO and Santa Barbara
Place everyone forgets exists: Bakersfield
Place everyone gets confused with San Francisco: Fresno
Where my dirtbag ex lives: San Francisco
Place you stop at on your way to Tahoe from San Fran: Davis/Sac-town
Northern California: any place that’s not listed above

3 Likes

Yes, please let us know your location! I can network and am working on talking my husband into taking them! I would take you up on your three hour meeting place offer!

2 Likes

Haha I guess I am mid-southern. I’m in Orange County- although I’ve never had anyone confuse Fresno for San Francisco (just don’t call it ‘Frisco!)

1 Like

What good work you do! I would foster them in a heartbeat if I were near you. If you are making a road trip north, I’m in.

The anti-kitten faction is already pushing for me to bring them to a shelter. Gotta find these gals homes quick!!

Volume up to hear purrs! The Siamese loves belly rubs.

11 Likes

Ah, my sister is in LA so I think that’s equivalent to 400 miles away in southern California traffic. :wink:

1 Like

Haha that’s no problem at all! I could take these two beauties up to her on Sunday

3 Likes

Ahem…life long CA resident…and NO-ONE but No-one gets Fresno and San Francisco confused. Not only geographically distant but mind set different.

heresy! sacrilege! and just plain old No.

2 Likes

I am falling in love. They are so adorable. They look like they will be nice affectionate little pets.
:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Unfortunately she’s got her hands full with her own cat plus her housemate’s two younglings (aka “the gremlins”). :frowning:

I was referring to people who aren’t from California who get it confused. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Still - there’s a huge difference which I guess when they found themselves in the middle of nowhere and cooking in the summer, they would soon understand, right? lol

No one in their right mind goes to Fresno… :rofl:

3 Likes

They are so sweet. They start purring the minute I pick them up. They love face rubs tummy scritches. Both are starting to play and chase toys now, but are mellow and gentle about it.

7 Likes

How are the sweet, pretty girls? Any new developments or new additions? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Great news! The kittens are out of my bathroom and now have a very bright future thanks to a wonderful CoTHer who is taking over their care. They are already settling into their new digs :smiley_cat::smiley_cat:

25 Likes

They do know about the pictures rule, right?

7 Likes

I know the picture rule! I tried to get some this morning, but, being kittens, it’s very difficult! They are making themselves at home and getting their first vet visit this week! I’ll keep working on pictures! Thank you again, BatCoach, for the long drive! You are more than awesome!

25 Likes

I had this very same thought. Thank goodness I am on the wrong side of the country. Darn, you people have cute kittens.

3 Likes

I’m not from California and what confuses me is why some people nowadays call “San Fran” the city most people my age and older have always called “Frisco.”

We have always referred to SF as “San Francisco” or “The City”. To call it “Frisco” to a Bay Area native, well, that’s like nails on a chalkboard.:scream:
Herb Caen (now deceased), longtime columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle, always insisted in his columns that San Francisco be called “San Francisco” or “The City”.
“Frisco”,….well, that’s “Frisco, Texas”.

5 Likes