Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Maybe on Craigslist

3 Likes

On that For Pleasure filly, didn’t Kate say somewhere on the other thread last year that she had buyers lined up for her when she was priced at 50k, but she decided to retain her because she was so nice? And now she’s dropped to 45k and a year later still not sold?

15 Likes

Every time pictures pop up of Kate’s young stock, I think they look like Viking ships. The front ends on those critters is just god awful

21 Likes

And to make the coat look darker (not saying that’s the case here). See: palominos.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

18 Likes

Yes - you noted it in June 2023. Good memory!

6 Likes

Same S Different Day

4 Likes

OMG!!! :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Well they do

1 Like

Seee?

32 Likes

28 Likes

Everyone is straight-shouldered (except for the one that got the first premium designation), which is very definitely from the dam. A couple of them have hocks so far out they’re in another ZIP code.

I can’t help but wonder if any of them have been radiographed and what those films would show.

As others have said but it bears repeating - none of this is the fault of these babies. With proper nutrition and care there’s a job somewhere for all of them. Just not at the level, or the price point, KS is imagining. Even if they were priced more fairly, there’s not much of a market for unbroke horses for beginners or people who just want to trail ride and maybe pop over the occasional log. Those people are looking for broke and near-bombproof, not green.

24 Likes

17 Likes

Agreed, definitely not the fault of the babies, and they deserve to be well-fed and loved. Kate’s sole criteria for breeding seems to be making horses excessively tall and flashy.

17 Likes

Between the 50 Shades of Gray sales post and the horses very much looking like Viking ships, I don’t know whether or not to laugh or cry. This thread. Whew.

26 Likes

Cry. It is all so sad. No happy ending for these babies or broodies.

8 Likes

I ponder, ponder, ponder whilst I eat my hay if we might see a new Katie Special Bred Foal born this year aptly named … The SS COTH Viking.

:horse:

19 Likes

Maybe a nice Amish family will buy the flashy pinto filly that just trotted and trotted and trotted in her sales video, and she will turn into a stylish family driving horse?

Imagine, an Imohtep daughter trotting all over town. Who would have thought?

8 Likes

Yall, the boat. The BOAT is everything.

11 Likes

Naaah. It’s just a vessel for the magical sperm.

11 Likes