Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

My attorney friend went into his own practice when he passed the bar right out of school. His partner had to take the bar exam twice before he passed.

I would guess that taking the bar years later wouldn’t be such a good idea, better to have everything fresh in your mind.

8 Likes

Wow, straight to solo practice!? That is a bold move!

4 Likes

That was what he was told!

I was proud of him. After his bar exam he was convinced he had failed (he didn’t.) He set up in private practice and did well. There’s apparently a lot to be said for having a good reputation in a small town where you have lived almost your entire life. His father (not an attorney) was well respected as well.

When my friend was done with the partnership and his private practice, he was asked by a judge to become the guardian ad litem, which he did, for a good deal less money than he was earning before. He was very good at that job but it took its toll emotionally. He said to me once, “you won’t believe what people do to their children”. :pensive:

6 Likes

Whoosh. Ocala is a respectable knowledgeable audience and hasn’t been a fan crowd. Moving this mob to Aiken? Not my business but doesn’t sound like a great idea. Just my opinion. Good luck with that. This is obviously not a location situation. One must eventually think about the common denominator.

4 Likes

The externalized responsibility (“always someone else’s fault”) is characteristic of hoarding. So depressing.

12 Likes

I believe she has passed the test but not the character and fitness portion which she attributes to having her identity stolen. I don’t know enough to offer much more detail. There was a video interview floating around at one point. https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/immigration/329308-the-obama-dreamer-program-should-be-repealed/

5 Likes

Interesting, I used to live in an area with several large dairies. Top quality alfalfa went to them, 2nd was shipped by barge to head overseas, and 3rd or less quality was sold locally. But this area didn’t have any big horse show barns.

3 Likes

This.

Yes that sounds about right. However you need to pass it for the state you want to practice in and she wrote it in Arizona. Her explanation possibly somewhere on COTH was she passed the test, ran into problems because there’s been identity theft and some debts connected to that surfaced, by the time that was sorted out she waived the chance to become a lawyer because she was making so much money braiding. We can believe of that what we choose, of course. When she turned up on COTH she basically said “I’m a gunna go write the Florida bar exam and then come back and sue the pants offen you all because you are bullies and meanies.” Not holding my breath on that one.

14 Likes

It’s not that either dairy or horse hay is better or worse quality. It’s that the desired nutrient profile is different. Really good dairy hay is too high sugar for horses, is what I think I heard.

Cows can also digest much poorer fodder than horses because they have different stomachs but that’s not what’s at issue with commercial alfalfa

6 Likes

Dairy alfalfa can offer way to high protein for especially young and/or underweight horses. Add that to an objection to using any grain/supplements or ration balancers… not a recipe for success.

7 Likes

Arizona specifies they only deny based on financial mismanagement within the person’s control, so I’d certainly be curious to see what their take on the situation was. Florida presumably is more lenient given some of the mess I’ve seen down there but who knows. https://www.azbaradmissions.org/new-cf-guidlines I hope she has a fruitful legal career, genuinely. Safer for horses.

3 Likes

Exactly. There is dairy alfalfa, horse alfalfa, and “cow” alfalfa. Dairy quality is very high protein, frequently first or second cutting of fertilized fields. The hay is frequently very high on leaf content and too low in fiber for horses. This is different from “cow hay” which is frequently lower quality, maybe baled a bit too wet or too late, too weedy, etc. which is usually fed as supplemental feed to beef cows or dry cows alongside their silage and other feedstuffs (this is very much a layman’s understanding, I know very little about cows, apologies for errors). Depending on the region, the grower, the fields, etc. there are farmers who will get dairy hay from the first few cuttings and horse hay from subsequent cuttings. Others grow only for horses or only for cattle. No matter what, hay for dairy cows fits a very different nutrient profile than hay for horses.

13 Likes

I call complete bollocks on this.

If you’ve passed the bar and the C&F examination, all that is left is swearing in and paying bar fees of ~USD200.00. No one would be that close to qualified and just go, ‘yeah, naw’. There was basically nothing left to do at that point.

The more likely story is that she didn’t pass the bar exam and/or failed C&F and just spun a tale that sounded good (I was making fat stacks braiding!!!1!) rather than admit that/those failure/s.

No one would be so stupid as to pass up a professional qualification they’d paid and worked for in favour of physical labour. You’d always want the back up of being qualified should injury or age prevent you from continuing the labour gig.

Total Grade A codswollop.

33 Likes

True, but you should see what lawyers who operate like KS operates in breeding do to families, immigrants, asylum seekers, even their own families. It can be utterly devastating. Just think of that guy in SC who kept money away from victims and their families, etc. The way subpar lawyers exploit immigrants and asylum seekers is heart breaking.

Best she stick to braiding. She seems skilled at it and even if she brings a lot of drama, at least no one and no animal will die for lack of braids (not to diminish the plight of the riders she lets down and the fellow braiders she harasses; just that of all the harm she does it’s the least life and death-y).

10 Likes

You do realize that high rfv hay is actually held back from horses because it’s too good not because it’s not up to “snuff”. That just shows your lack of knowledge in hay.

You heard wrong. Better to research what you write before commenting. Just as usual with everything you have written about me huge gaping holes in actual truth than your opinion. High quality alfalfa has the lowest sugar amount than any other hay out there

Then you know nothing. My identity theft changed state law and I was granted a second social security number because of it. But yes I was so disheartened with the legal system I walked away and wanted nothing to do with it 5 years later.

Take several seats. Qualified lawyers are talking. Come back to us when you’re a member of the bar - any bar. You’re embarrassing yourself.

Also, if you know so much about hay - so much more than other posters here - why are your horses underfed to the point of emaciation in several cases?

60 Likes

Yes that was my reaction as well.

6 Likes