Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Plus if your situation really did result in a change in the law and a new SSN, that’s a pretty good outcome. I call complete bollocks on turning down bar admission after doing all the work.

20 Likes

@CanteringCarrot @MHM

I estimate about 300 PT and FT braiders nationwide on the various H/J circuits. Based on our numbers on private FB Group pages.

3 Likes

@Tha_Ridge

she still has a full braiding book of some of the best BNTs in the biz

Seriously? I don’t think so. What BNT could she possible have. Even crappy Michael Leon won’t use her. And no, no trainer will care how she keeps her horses. They only care to get their horses braided. Which, of course with her, is still questionable. Will it happen or will it not? Lol.

4 Likes

Then I guess you just don’t know anything then. You can call bollocks on whatever but if you don’t want to know the truth and continue with your lies please do so.

What did I lie about? I simply stated I believe you are lying. That’s an opinion, not an assertion of truth.

Why are your horses malnourished and underweight to the point of being emaciated?

34 Likes

There is no way your horses have had access to free choice grass rounds when these pictures were taken. NO WAY. And I think that is the first time you have said they do in all this time.

I hope for their sakes, they do now and you keep it that way.

25 Likes

Try again. High rfv hay should be held back from horses because it’s inappropriate for them (too rich/high in protein), not too good.

23 Likes

hahahahahahahahaha!

4 Likes

Thanks, great explanation. We baled hay for 10 years, and every day we baled had it’s own parameters due to temperature, humidity, need to get quality hay under roof before the rain came that night… Often stopped several times over the course of an afternoon to readjust the bale tensioner.

14 Likes

I don’t need you to braider 'splain anything about hay to me, other than why, if you have easy access to such majickal feed, why you aren’t giving adequate amounts to your own horses.

45 Likes

The first time I dropped out of school, I went to work on a dairy farm.
Everyone there referred to the poorer quality hay as “horse hay.”

19 Likes

Definitely tell WEC that then! All those horses must be really having a hard time!

I guess the underlying question is, are there enough of them to go around so that people can be a little choosy about what braiders they use?

Or do people just have to take absolutely anyone they can get since there are not enough braiders to cover the number of horses showing these days?

It’s crazy to think how many horses might need braids on any given day now. There are so many shows running at the same time, and some of those shows have so many rings.

Just in Florida in the winter, you have WEF with about a dozen rings, WEC Ocala with a bunch of rings, Hits with a bunch of rings, Venice with multiple rings, Terra Nova with multiple rings. They might not all be hunter rings, but still.

That’s a lot of horses to braid.

1 Like

It’s just the craziest thing. I don’t test the hay I buy. I feed Bermuda grass hay thats grown locally and occasionally buy alfalfa that I’m told comes from Utah. I don’t know if that’s true. I feed by eyeballing what’s what.

And all of my horses are well, bright eyed, shiny coats and in Toppy’s case, a bit fat.

Somehow Kate Shearer, despite feeding 20 lbs per horse per day of excellent quality AZ alfalfa has passels of crappy looking stark coated pencil necked mares and babies. It’s really remarkable when you think about it.

that’s a high mileage 21 year old gelding.

and an equally high mileage 21 year old gelding. Toppy is round.

and a low mileage 12 year old. This is what a horse in good flesh looks like, Kate.

How do you not know this after braiding and handling so many well cared for and well fed horses?

Willful blindness I suppose.

32 Likes

She could sue everybody without being a lawyer. You can represent yourself. Of course we know what they say about that but it can be done and is often done

1 Like

The top quality alfalfa where I live goes to the dairies because it’s too rich for horses.

KS ( which I always read as Kissing Spines) needs to sell out and never have animals again.

16 Likes

Yep. Really RFV isn’t the best way to judge hay quality anyway at least for horses. If feeding alfalfa to horses an RFV of around 100 is best. The dairy hay is usually 150+, and even close to 200 sometimes.

12 Likes

Do you really expect us to believe you sell your amazing hay to everyone at WEC? Pull the other leg, it has bells on.

27 Likes

Very true (high protein), I knew of a few people that would try to score a few bales. They fed about 1/4 flake on top of grass hay.

4 Likes

@Kasheare do you not SEE how emaciated your horses are??? Are you possibly mentally ill?

29 Likes