Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Well, the judges have spoken folks.

ONE first premium foal with the minimum first premium score (average of 70).

12 Likes

Well I guess that’s kind of like the doctor who graduates at the bottom of his class.

4 Likes

No worries they missed some :wink: and the judges hated they had to give mine first premiums lol! KWPN has already been emailed to add the others. It was hilarious the judges tried their absolute hardest to discount everything they could but still had to give a first premium. But I do think they need to accurately report the scores of which they are missing mine. What I find even more hilarious is the carbon copy son of Royce was said to look harness. Spy coast laughed so hard.

Which one(s) are they missing? What were their scores?

1 Like

Well I see both have 4 white socks and a white mark on their foreheads but
 neck, shoulder, withers? Back and hindquarters I can’t really tell since he isn’t square up on rear.

But he is very cute!

12 Likes

He’s not square in the pic shared, but he’s very cute. Does he move like a harness horse?

Maybe future competitive driving horse?

5 Likes

Please wait for the revision by Kwpn. They are not happy that yet again another mistake on my horses. If you guys think you’re tough on me believe it when they say they really don’t want mine to be doing well and are “forced” to give some scores they don’t want to because they don’t even like my breeding direction, but it can’t be denied.

No he moves exactly as his sire a 1.60m jumper

It’s easy to see the shoulder angle and flatter croupe between the two pics.

In case you missed it, that article literally says at the bottom " Not all first premium or ster horses are mentioned in “The Report from the Road”; only those horses that really stand out to the jury."

I think it’s pretty clear that first premium or not, most of what you sent to that inspection was not wowing anyone (and I would agree, based on the photos).

43 Likes

Kate, really? They don’t remotely have the same conformation up front (can’t speak to hind since he’s standing weird). Are you hoping we are blind, or are you blind to your horses? I’m assuming the second given you actually posted the comparison pics.

And yes, I’m SURE the registry is against you. Of course (deep, deep sarcasm).

25 Likes

The KWPN sees horses all over the country and world. If they question a breeding program and its direction based on many horses presented from that program, doesn’t that seem like valuable input that should be considered?! Rather than assuming they must be out to get you, could it be that they are knowledgeable about conformation, movement, and performance and are seeing flaws that might be worth thinking about rather than dismissing the registry as being biased against you for no good reason?

54 Likes

After reading her response I looked again and saw the same as I did before. He’s darn cute with a sweet face and if he has a good disposition than that’s great. He could make a very nice amateur horse. Premium??? Mmmm, I hope he proves me wrong.

1 Like

That colt has a very long back (I recognize this because my homebred filly - who received first premium at her inspection with scores in the 8’s) also has a long back (a little more acceptable in a mare), but the inspectors thought she had “nice long lines of the body” - problem with this? It winds up coming back to haunt you when the foal is an adult horse - ask me how I know :smirk:

He also has shorter front legs (this is something my filly now mare also has; but all foals look “leggy” when they are young) - and in my case it was the “old style Hanoverian lines” coming through - but at least she was bred to jump and is from jumping lines - bred to be an athlete.

Also, my mare has a lovely neck and a refined head; none of these DHH seem to have these characteristics and though it’s mostly aesthetic, neck conformation is also important to athletic performance. Harness horses are not bred to be jumpers.

Also, the phenotype of these mares seems to be very prepotent; I don’t see much of these sires in the offspring - really too bad because the sire is the only “proven” contributor to the foal.

Is the stallion in the photo Royce? His hind legs are a hot mess.

19 Likes

First premium as a foal is nice but
 it really does not matter in the grand scheme of things. The important inspection is when they’re 3yrs old and need to score high enough to get Ster predicate. Which they most likely won’t as they do not adhere to the KWPN breeding goals

21 Likes

@Kasheare are you ever “not” the victim?

39 Likes

This reads so differently

Or this

14 Likes

Nothing is ever Kate Shearer’s fault, everyone is out to get her, and she can’t keep her stories/lies straight. Arguing on here isn’t going to convince her of anything.

I’d love to be proven entirely wrong about this breeding program by seeing these babies as 3/4/5 year olds winning everything at national finals - hunter/jumper/eventing/dressage/literally anything. That would certainly prove us all wrong.

35 Likes

Exactly! Gosh golly, oh, but they have to sell first. Maybe they are not selling because people are afraid of having such stellar horse flesh and don’t want all the attention of all the winning. :yawning_face:

10 Likes

Have we seen any in Hunter Breeding? They’re old enough.

But oh, everyone is out to get her!! The judges everywhere would see her horses and unfairly low score them because they’re jealous (rather than the horses not being appropriate for the ring)!! That must be why no one is buying. But dammit if she’s not going to keep breeding more for
 reasons.

14 Likes