Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Yes.

2 Likes

Someone clarify for those who do not do this stuff. What are the scores out of? What would a perfect score be? Is it out of 100?

2 Likes

So out of the five homebreds presented that we can see the scores for, only 2 made first premium?

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s out of 100 and yes.

6 Likes

Thank you.
Is there a level above first premium?

I am surprised that a score of just 70 gets that name.

8 Likes

Agreed. Since when does a C equal an A.

9 Likes

Wow I am too. Does nothing ever get 80s, 90s, etc? If 70 is ā€œfirst premiumā€?

The inclusion of another breeders name and I am going somewhere else, ie. BWP, does not evidence professionalism. The inspectors didnā€™t give KSā€™s breeding program accolades. Most breeders would reflect on that.

9 Likes

It doesnā€™t seem like reflection is her thing.

4 Likes

For those that seem to have no idea on keuring scores and mine being terrible please go look at the scores of the reviews for the other horses in Florida. All first premiums were around the same. And they didnā€™t list any of the others. And I only own 4 presented. Poor Robby had that shoulder gash and was just shy on his ā€œrestrictedā€ movement. That being said, there is no win here because when I show winning itā€™s well that doesnā€™t depict how the horse will be, but then you also like to lament on the scores as well as meaning not good enough quality. You all need to check yourselves and figure out what you want lol

Because you like sounding unprofessional and whiny? That is the reason my hunter friendā€™s barn will no longer use you for braidingā€¦ they had enough of that nonsense.

You are the one presenting yourself and your horses in a bad light - that is all your doing. Bitching about the handlers at the keuring was an especially nice touchā€¦ and no doubt endeared you to the KWPN folks even moreā€¦

Sometimes it helps to take a step back, look at the big picture and realize that being caustic and abrasive is not the solution to anythingā€¦

Edit - I forgot that it is apparently important to add lolsā€¦ so lol.

37 Likes

Guess I didnā€™t even miss them whoops! No idea who they were but clearly not a decent account lol

Theoretically as a trained mediator she would know this. And be good at the whole ā€œstepping backā€ thing.

And yetā€¦ here we are.

16 Likes

They were. You blew it. Sorry - I will not provide details so you can trash them to anyone who is not tired of your whiningā€¦ lol.

I used to think that you were unaware of how you were coming across to people - but now you brag about itā€¦ so much for any alleged professionalism. I am sorry that I was wrong.

The fact that you saw nothing wrong with your side of that conversation and posted it as evidence of how bad Drew/KWPN are is rather sad.

Drew and Kelley responded to your sneering and sniping calmly and in a professional way. Kudos to them. Your threatened dramatic flounce was the cherry on the caustic sundae.

36 Likes

Qfp

QFP

7 Likes

Wow. Just wow. Iā€™m sure KWPN will be happy to see the back of her. These are insane text messages in the circumstances and the admins are unfailingly professional and polite.

27 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing above first premium. Scores above 80 are rare (for example the yearling hunter thatā€™s leading the country so far was 82/82). The majority of horses they evaluate fall in the 70s. Scores in the 60s typically indicate a problem.

Think of it as a bit like a dressage test or a hunter trip. 100 is possible but super duper rare.

17 Likes

The thing I keep on coming back toā€¦

The mares she is using are totally unproven in terms of performance, and their conformation and type is appropriate for harness direction.

Sheā€™s breeding for jumper type foals (mostly). Sheā€™s using well known good stallions. If the scores of the resulting offspring from these stallions and these mares are in the 60sā€¦ the croissant working.

I mean, maybe with time and training, one or two of these foals will prove via performance that they are VERY good at their job. This does happen with unconventional crosses sometimes. Butā€¦ it hasnā€™t happened yet. And Kate hasnā€™t chosen to invest in a serious competition career for one of her goals. Insteadā€¦ she has invested serious dollars in producing more and more and more of these unconventionally bred horses.

Iā€™m just saying, if we ignore all the other issues with this situation, and go back three years in time, and if KS had chosen then to take one or two offspring that she loved and believed in, keep them, put them in training with a top tier pro and send them out to do young horse show stuff, etc etcā€¦

I would have a lot more respect for that.

If she waited until they were 5 or 6, and she had a lot more information about how their temperament really was under saddle, and how their gaits developed, and how much scope they really had over fencesā€¦ and then chose to breed again and make better informed choices in terms of the stallions she crosses her mares with?

I would have a lot more respect for that as well.

But thatā€™s not what she has done. Sheā€™s breeding a LOT of horses based on a totally unproven theory about an unconventional cross, and using mares that have no performance records of their own, and apparently ignoring feedback from people who are professional evaluators of young horses.

Andā€¦ it just seems unhinged. And like it will end poorly for the horses.

33 Likes

Good post! I will add to the first sentence that ā€œtheir conformation and type is not particularly appropriate for sport horse direction (hunter, jumpers, dressage, or eventing).ā€

As for the second sentence:

If the scores of the resulting offspring from these stallions and these mares are in the 60sā€¦ the croissant working.

I assume you meant ā€œthe cross isnā€™t working.ā€ :grin:

16 Likes