Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Don’t worry I do engage with clients in a different manner. I don’t need to do that here. But I also have no problem firing clients because we are so large. And unfortunately in my business clients are not being disrespectful when they want to only talk to you rather than a personal assistant. It just is not a normal business and will never be. It’s one thing I’ve had to transition from law life. This is not normal and no matter I do will not change. So I do what needs to happen and in fact clients do respect me for doing so. But no….a personal assistant that isn’t a braider is not an option and no braider wants to deal with my scheduling mess for $25 an hour, and no one can learn it unless they have been there/done it. People really fail to realize the underground of the horse world

I don’t see where they ever once called you a liar? They asked you to produce the foal cards on your end so that they could potentially fix the scores.

32 Likes

Interesting scores.

21 Likes

Holy crap those scores are awful. I’ve been to several KWPN Keurings and never seen scores like that. Usually jumper scores are pretty lenient anyway compared to dressage foals.

KWPN is not automatically skeptical of breeding that doesn’t track direction. My dressage foal out of a jumper-bred mare scored very well last year. It is the harness cross they must not like. Adding jumper blood is a classic move to improve power in the canter, though.

I would guess Kate’s dissatisfaction with KWPN’s judging of her “unorthodox” breeding program stems from these results and not the missing scores (which are so borderline I wouldn’t want them posted), and is the real reason she wants to try BWP. I wouldn’t expect them to be any more lenient.

38 Likes

Just curious - does anyone here know what BWP’s pedigree requirements are for mares? Does the registry have different mare books? I was never involved with BWP other than assisting at one inspection way back in the late 80’s or early 90’s, so I don’t really know anything about their studbook requirements.

4 Likes

I’m curious too.

For some reason, I thought they were open to accepting horses with Irish Draught in their pedigree into their main books, if the performance and conformation were acceptable. Many other Warmblood registries won’t.

But… DHH? I don’t know. Maybe if they have a record of performance in a riding discipline?

I tried to post a reply and got an error message. Trying this to see if it works?

1 Like

I see this reply

1 Like

When I try to post something longer I get a 403 error and I can’t figure out why.

22 Likes

Those crappy scores can’t be denied either. :rofl:

25 Likes

This seems to be a fantasy of hers, the “it can’t be denied”. Yes it can, whatever the breeding direction you’re imaging in your head it isn’t what’s on the ground. These ‘four feet and a heartbeat’ foals you’re creating aren’t getting great scores because the poor, sweet darlings are NQR.

17 Likes

lol lol lol lol

This was most definitely not my barn’s experience in dealing with you when you braided for us: Horses were done late, horses who are complete angels for being braided had to be held for you to do them (you then complained that these were problem horses), the entire time that we held the horses all you did was trash other braiders, trainers and horses with your crazy talk.

And you are out of your mind if you think that you make more as a braider than a mediator/arbitrator. Not that anyone would hire you, because you aren’t even licensed - much less have any experience, so this is a completely moot point. Good arbitrators/mediators bring upwards of $5k for a half day session, and they are usually booked solid for months in advance. ETA: I don’t know of one decent arbitrator/mediator who has an LLM in that field. Good arbitrators/mediators are hired because they have years of experience in their field, either as highly respected judges or litigators. Certainly not because of a useless piece of paper it took an extra year in school to earn.

39 Likes

Except they fixed the scores so you are posting false scores now

Oh.

If you’re such a good mediator and help everyone…

Why do you end up involved in so much litigation, or threatened litigation?

Don’t good mediators help people resolve conflicts without resorting to expensive litigation?

28 Likes

I posted what you posted, just made it easier to see. I’m not affiliated with the KWPN and have nothing to do with their processes.

20 Likes

Were all the scores wrong? Or just one?

2 Likes

Per the private email with Drew that Kate shared, only one score is wrong. The score for “Undeniable KG.” Apparently she got a 67 for Conformation and a 73 for Movement… which resulted in an Average of 70, and a First Premium.

8 Likes

Soooo… fair to assume the rest of the scores are correct :thinking:

3 Likes

Well… I think it’s safe to assume that if they were wrong, Kate would have been blasting Drew in that email.

It looks like only one score was wrong. The movement score for Undeniable KG. Correcting it did result in the filly making first premium. So I can understand a breeder wanting that corrected.

But I don’t understand taking such a combative tone over it, etc etc. It looks like it was a simple clerical error. Which was easily corrected.

Also… I’m not familiar with the KWPN scoring system. But is 70 the bare minimum for First Premium?

14 Likes

I believe that’s correct. 70 looks to be the minimum score for a first premium

2 Likes