Unlimited access >

Painter's Jump

I love that the painter’s jump is a Leftie hand. I am a leftie painter! I want that jump… I love the poles… look like brushes too. My horse would def spook at it… but it’s so cool. I Love the ship jump too… like a Viking ship… beautiful France wins in jump design for sure!

[QUOTE=RPM;7746309]
Dontcha just love it that on the “painter” jump the hand holding the brushes is a leftie? How cool is that! :cool:[/QUOTE]
YES!!!

I wonder how they made that hand. Fiberglass? If a horse smashes that jump… man the work that was involved. Pricey

[QUOTE=Peggy;7745373]
This jump is also rather cool: http://www.chronofhorse.com/sites/default/files/14WEGJane_Richard_PhillipsDSC_3152Day2.jpg[/QUOTE]
Love that one too

[QUOTE=LittleBlackDress;7745689]
I only caught a glimpse of the painters jump at first and I thought it was chop sticks[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, and that whatever they were pointed at must have been some sort of food. I was was kind of confused why the hand was holding three chopsticks, though!

I keep thinking that they should call the Painter’s Jump the Giverny Jump. It’s obviously an homage to Monet.

So many French painters… besides Monet… Renoir, Degas, Cezanne… it is a tribute to the amazing art that has come from France for so long.

Just saw pictures of the next course…There is a lion jump… Richard the Lion Heart…

What’s up with the twisted gun jump?

[QUOTE=VTMorgan06;7748627]
What’s up with the twisted gun jump?[/QUOTE]
The Knotted Gun is a symbol of non-violence and anti conflict. There are numerous sculptures around the world, probably most famously in front of the UN headquaters in NY and the Olympic headquarters in Switzerland.
There is also one outside the WWII museum in Caen, Normandy.

[QUOTE=Drvmb1ggl3;7748652]
The Knotted Gun is a symbol of non-violence and anti conflict. There are numerous sculptures around the world, probably most famously in front of the UN headquaters in NY and the Olympic headquarters in Switzerland.
There is also one outside the WWII museum in Caen, Normandy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the education!

Apparently, although designed in France, the jumps were made in Romania!!
which upset a few!

The painter’s jump and the effiel tower jump are both at Spruce Meadows!

P.

Ha ! Just saw that watching the GP at Spruce. They always score the good jumps from these big competitions.

Painters Jump today at Spruce… It is so much cooler in real life!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I think I read they bought 4… stained glass one too… I can’t picture it though

Is this the one you’re thinking of for the stained glass jump …

image.jpg

not sure… I don’t see stainless glass … I read it somewhere… but it is so nice to watch SM and think… this one was Athens, this one was London, Beijing, etc.

How much do jumps like that even cost??

Absolutely in love with the Painter’s Jump. Holy cow this is a cool course.

My sister is an artist, she produces graphic art for gaming companies, and I sent her the picture of the artist jump. She was like, “that is the worst photoshop!” Lol, except I had to tell here she was WRONG! So wrong! It was real! I love that jump! Beautiful course