Unlimited access >

Painter's Jump

Van Gogh Fence

I believe that was more likely the Vincent Van Gogh jump than “painter’s jump.” He was sitting on the side painting (at least it looked like him) and he was left handed.

I also think that is one of the most striking and beautiful fences I’ve see and love it!

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Velvet;7761601]
I believe that was more likely the Vincent Van Gogh jump than “painter’s jump.” He was sitting on the side painting (at least it looked like him) and he was left handed.

I also think that is one of the most striking and beautiful fences I’ve see and love it!

:)[/QUOTE]

I read it is a tribute to all the French important painters… Monet, Renoir, Boudin, Manet, Cezanne… etc Yes Van Gogh was a great painter but he was Dutch, not French… although he spent time in France. :wink:

It is called the Impressionists’ Jump! so yes, in honour of the French painters. So glad SM managed to buy it.

I saw the straw hat, the left hand, and it was the first name that came to mind. Especially since his paintings are some of the most expensive ones on record. :smiley:

I think it was the Monet jump because Giverny, Monet’s home, was in Normandy.

[QUOTE=FalseImpression;7762951]
It is called the Impressionists’ Jump! [/QUOTE]

Courbet, Boudin, Monet, Jongkind, Caillebotte, Seurat etc. were all painting along the Seine in Normandy and Honfleur, hence the “painter’s jump”. Van Gogh is associated more with Southern France ( Arles and St Rémy de Provence) rather than Normandy.

What a nice course it was, gorgeously creative jumps!

I got to see it “in action” today when NBC Sports showed a little of the WEG. It was so cool to see it after reading about it here and seeing the pics on the link posted here, especially to get to watch it actually being jumped!

BTW, while the big hand holding the brushes is a left hand, the painter appears to be right-handed. So I guess it really does represent more than one painter.