People Attempting to Undermine Safe Sport

Some of that was stunning. The details from the RG case… just awful awful stuff.

14 Likes

A writer would have to use examples from the regular sports world as a comparison for the non equestrian reader to better understand.

1 Like

That is quite an article. Thanks.

3 Likes

Every horse person far and wide needs to read and share that.

2 Likes

I’m surprised that it isn’t circulating more on Facebook. But I will admit, I haven’t been on FB much lately.

I am too, but I’ve shared it and will be sharing it in groups!

5 Likes

The writer hits upon what is different in our sport, that so many are used to operating without any kind of oversight at all. Nearly every other sport has affiliations to schools or to large facilities that have HR departments and/or certifications required for most of the elite coaches.

15 Likes

Yes I have seen that model in MMA too. It’s very difficult for a female to get ahead or own a gym or coach at the top levels.

2 Likes

This is about USA Gymnastics, but still not good. https://www.ocregister.com/2022/03/14/valeri-liukin-to-coach-team-usa-while-under-investigation-for-abuse/

2 Likes

I saw that. It’s appalling and sad.

WTAF did they learn nothing???

1 Like

Again, they have proven they want medals, and don’t care about athletes.

The same story happens over and over in other sports also.

5 Likes

Has no one looked at the bullying of the women on the PA swim team? They are afraid to open their mouth!! Nothing could be less right than that situation!

2 Likes

just google “bloomberg safe sport” and it will come up with no paywall

1 Like

honestly the best article I’ve read on the subject

3 Likes

I think it would have been pertinent to add a little more information about Shelley Fellers, she has certainly had a more interesting role than they described.

To think I audited a George Morris clinic at the Fellers’s barn when I was 20…yiiikes

9 Likes

Any opportunity to be a bigot, eh?

8 Likes

If you’re so concerned, report it

2 Likes

It’s all over the news.
Anyone who thinks it’s right to have a man competing against women has their own problems.
And if you weren’t aware of this issue, you probably need more help than COTH could ever give you.

2 Likes

Could you please explain your comment?