Unlimited access >

Please delete

@StormyDay It’s so wrong you are getting harassed via FB. I have personally found this thread to be very informative. I had no idea how much I should appreciate my 4 stall 36x48 ft barn built in the 80’s. Or how much an indoor costs. Please don’t delete. Call out the jerks.

4 Likes

Agreed - I think this is a great thread and with wanting to build myself I’d love it if people would be transparent on pricing.

3 Likes

I have never seen a thread be deleted. Why not let the Mods know what posters from here are doing that and maybe they will be dealt with/ banned?

4 Likes

Did I miss something, I never saw anything in this thread that made you identifiable.

2 Likes

I only have real names, not usernames.

My farm name is my user name.

What did these bullies say? Are you sure they’re from this forum? Nothing you’ve posted warrants any condemnation… but I know the internet can be a real fustercluck. It’s why I detest FB.

I did wonder this, who does one know they are from this forum.

Well they certainly got the info off of this thread.

I don’t think it’s worth my sanity to continue responding on this thread. It’s just giving more food for the trolls.

You know who you are and I feel bad for you that you feel the need to tear others down to feel better about yourself.

Sorry @StormyDay. Best wishes in your barn building. Block those useless MF’ers. They’re just jealous.

5 Likes

@StormyDay I do hope you come back and tell us all about your construction project. It sounds so exciting.

1 Like

Like our old farrier used to say, “don’t let the turkeys ruin your day, soar with the eagles!”

Let the Moderator know what is happening.
They are there to help in cases like this and are good at it.

Thanks for letting us know about how your building project is going, so many learn from such stories.

2 Likes

Anyone check onto Big Buildings Direct? Their cost they advertise a barn at includes erection. https://www.bigbuildingsdirect.com/product/amarillo-barn-54x30x12-8/

@CindyCRNA Well, that sounds interesting.
:joy:

2 Likes

Thank you for saying that ^ for me …made me hysterical !

1 Like

@StormyDay Trolls and mean people are really evil. I’m so sorry to hear this. Since you and others have found value in the financials some of us having gone through recent building I’ll chime in.

Central Ohio. Know of someone 3 yrs ago built 80x220 indoor - just four walls and roof with the plexi glass along the top - $100k with the Amish.

I used same builder w pricing from 2019 - 72x144 indoor - 24 ft wings off each side - extensions for sawdust bin, Gator holder and hip roofs to hold truck and trailers - built at commercial grade…$300k shell ALONE but DID include stalls and ALL concrete (give or take 7k sq ft). Cost might have been $200k had things not gotten so high quality (permacolumns, standing seam roof, extra bracing, etc etc etc) and trying to be visually pleasing - 18 windows along top of indoor for example. No excavating, no electric or plumbing included in that pricing.

3 Likes

I’ve started a new thread on barn cost that doesn’t have any reference to my loan cost. I’ve gotten two quotes already and have the info there Barn and arena building 2021

When you sign up don’t you give your real first/ last name? It has been too long I can’t remember.

Please let us know when you get your barn built and good luck with that.

1 Like

Well, I went Googling. At least on my phone, I see nothing on COTH that would link me to an IRL ID or FB page for the OP. Perhaps I have signatures hidden?

When I Google I could not find a Stormy Day farm on FB, though found more than one account with either Stormy or Day but in combinations with other words.

I did this because I was curious how transparent our anonymity is here.

I’m also curious about the nature of the spamming or trolling.

If OP is getting spammed with ads from construction companies on FB then it’s likely the Google algorithm tracking online chat. You can turn off quite a bit of this tracking activity.

If it’s personal hostility being aimed at you that’s very wierd, since this is an innocuous thread. In any case block and report is always useful.

1 Like