Unlimited access >

Please share experience with Belgium agents European Sport horse Imports

Another vote of approval for Jessica and ESHI. We purchased a lovely young horse from her and could not be happier. He was exactly as advertised, a talented, sweet but green 3yr old. She was entirely honest and forthright and the process was very easy! Would 100% recommend and buy from her again in a heartbeat.
Edited to add, in light of other comments: I’m a recent and semi regular poster fyi

1 Like

Sorry, I start everything with “hi”- emails and texts. My name is Daniella Sternberg - I have an Instagram you can check out to show I’m a real person lol. If you scroll back far enough, you could see the pictures from when I worked for ESHI and my horses Henri and Qruella are both from them.

2 Likes

I feel your pain - though my experience was NOT with ESHI, I had a similar experience with a well known seller of iberian horses. Long complicated story, but the horse was not well on arrival, went directly to vet hospital and was put down within 4 weeks due to neuro problems. Seller initially sounded willing to work with me but turned out to be a pretty much a liar about a number of things. It sucks when this happens and truthfully it turned me off completely from any more attempts at importing.

3 Likes

This has to be the most houseguests ever?

9 Likes

I love that after being caught sock-puppeting, the response was to create more sock puppets.

For all you happy buyers (especially those who aren’t the seller and/or former employee of the seller), I am sure you won’t mind sending a PM to the OP so s/he can connect with your on the phone and hear about your positive experience. Then she can report back and let us know if indeed she had this many phone conversations with actual unique buyers whose horses could be verified vis USEF or show records or some other method beyond just creating a screen name and saying “hi I’m a buyer, no really I’m real. no, really.”

6 Likes

We’ve worked with ESHI on the marketing side of things. Saw plenty of nice animals come over and know plenty of folks that happily bought from them. Highly doubt these are “houseguests”.

5 Likes

No skin in this game, but the seller’s Instagram has plenty of sold horse posts with horses on US soil showing and placing if someone wants to peruse and look up records. I don’t see anything wrong with happy customers (or unhappy ones) posting. And yes, I know what houseguests are. (ETA: don’t think these are those.)

5 Likes

How is this any different than someone posting on a Facebook group asking for recommendations about XYZ? Someone sees the post, tags XYZ, so XYZ comments and then their clients start to come and give their experiences. Simply because you can see names on Facebook? I haven’t worked with ESHI but can vouch for at least one of the above posters who shared an accurate account of their experience. In fact, you could probably run that experiment here. Run over to Facebook, ask if anyone has had experience with this company, and see where it goes from there.

3 Likes

Because it’s not as easy to create a whole slew of fake FB accounts (you can easily look at the profiles and see which ones appear to have been newly minted and which ones have a legit history) and presumably the grammar of the FB posts would suggest the posters are actually unique individuals and not sock monkeys created by the business order. SOME (not all) of the posts on this thread look like sock puppets/alters.

There’s nothing wrong with a business owner asking happy clients to post responses. And I don’t doubt that some of the posters here are legit. I don’t think they all are. It looks suspicious and very much like some of them are NOT. There are a whole bunch of screen names that got created just for this thread and/or that look like they’ve been sock puppets all along created so that someone could have a couple different alters if they needed them. The whole thing just looks a bit wonky, that’s all. Any business that has to resort to alters to inflate the appearance of happy buyers makes me nervous. It doesn’t mean the business is altogether bad, but it’s shady and if you’d do one shady thing-- why not do another, and another, and another.

9 Likes

Many of the customers that have posted here are active on other social media sites and if you had any interest in anything other than your own narrative, you might check them out before casting aspersions on them.

Also, I have communicated directly with the OP and am happy to share my experience with anyone else who has questions.

4 Likes

I had a great experience with ESHI. They were transparent and great with communication- even given the huge time difference.
We have stayed in touch since to see the progress of my lovely boy!

1 Like

I have read these forums for years but didn’t have an account prior. I signed up specifically when I saw this because I absolutely love my horses from ESHI and wanted to share my experience. I’m happy to share usef numbers if someone wants to pm me for more info as my horses from them are top notch and I ride in a BNT program. The horses are on par with everything else in the barn and my green incentive horse had a top 10 finish at incentive finals out of 150. The quality from Jessica is super and I’m always looking to help people looking to buy as I was a buyer early on in her business and took a chance that really paid off.

Yeah, the houseguests have showed up!

1 Like

You can say what you want but the show records speak for themselves so I’ll leave it at that :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The thing that bugs me about this thread is that ALL of the above can be true. I have zero doubt that ESHI has sold loads of wonderful horses, but I have first-hand evidence of a few that have been less than wonderful, and the mark of a good dealer is how they deal with those transactions.

16 Likes

I don’t doubt at this point that at least some of these new posters are real people. I do find it questionable, however, when someone’s response to a question about them on a forum is to seemingly contact everyone in their address book asking them to make an account to post a glowing review. What negative experiences are they trying to drown out in doing so?

It’s similar to how I get suspicious looking at Google reviews if a few very negative reviews are quickly followed by a slew of glowing 5 star reviews, particularly when they clearly haven’t happened organically (a place that tends to get one review per month suddenly has ten new reviews in a week, for example). Often if you check out the names you can spot family members of the business owner, etc., and it always turns me off when someone tries to drown out the bad experiences rather than address the issues.

10 Likes

Guys please stop with the suspicions. Everyone posting is real and nobody is trying to drown anything. Anyone is free to contact anyone from of my contacts they can find on any social media. In 6 years of business I can count on one hand a horse that landed and didn’t go well, which happens honestly once in a blue moon to ANY dealer in the world no matter how good they are, and we always do what we can to resolve a situation if we believe we are in the wrong and even if we aren’t. With the number of sales and winners we have on the ground, this shouldn’t even be a discussion. We have an established success and presence, we’re one of the main importers of horses to the USA. This thread has turned into a witch stake burning rather than actual facts.

By the way, we are a stable and not an agent. And we love our horses a LOT and are deeply emotionally invested in them.

Have there been some unfortunate landings once in a while? Yes of course, it happens. But 96%++++ go on to be winners or make a kid happy and and and.

Voilà! For actual facts and not theorising on a chronicle forum, this is very easy to look up.

All the best

3 Likes

But this is your first response on a thread where 3 other posters have started their post with “Hi!”

1 Like

It’s not a witch hunt to point out that a business seems to be flooding a thread about that business with fake and/or prompted positive reviews. It’s simply pointing out to those reading the thread that they should take with a grain of salt those reviews. Usually people with a stellar reputation let that reputation speak for itself and don’t come on a thread and get defensive/call out their cronies to post in glowing support.

OP did you get what you needed from talking to all the past buyers on this thread who seemed to eager to share their experience?

12 Likes

Man, forget about the houseguests. I want to know if they contacted @wanderlust to make things right — the true metric of a good business, not thousands of glowing text reviews.

22 Likes