Unlimited access >

Plight of the peeps...

At the request of some who felt it wasn’t really appropriate to discuss peepocide on a thread about a rather sobering topic (the Saddlebred rescue), I’ve copied the peep posts into a new thread.

Carry on

Erin

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 04, 2001 at 11:02 PM.]

That is the sound of me spitting out my drink as I laugh hysterically at the peep pics.

hobson, I see a best-selling picture book in your future!

and heading north…

Did you know they made them at Christmas time in the shape of snowmen, and christmas trees??? Not the same as the Easter ones–didn’t like em.

Uh-oh, guys, the PEEPs are onto us! Look!

http://www.geocities.com/qhunter_14/peep.htm

Maybe this is the start of a PEEP revelation?

Erin
Horseback Riding: The Sport Of Kings. Bring Your Wallet.

Now we’re talking!! A peep show screen saver. A perfect B.Day present for Merry!!

Oh Gawd! Not this thread again! LMAO! Actually…I still have about 3 or 4 pink mummifed bunnies in my candy drawer…hmmm…what to do w/ them? Any suggestions on peepocide? SUZ

Cadbury, snickers, hershey, reeses, Godiva’s… Flocks of chocolate laden birdies laying treats for we!

My old pony, Taffy, loved peeps. She is dead (but she lived to the age of 31) Taffy also liked beer, not a good mix with peeps!

(Required horse reference)

[This message was edited by Everythingbutwings on Apr. 05, 2001 at 04:34 PM.]

Upcoming holiday uses for peeps:

• Bobbing for peeps
  • Handing out peeps as trick-or-treat candies
  • Dress up in a peep costume (surround self with styrofoam, then have friend spray paint you in your choice of appropriate neon peep color)

And in November…

• Surprise your honored relatives and assorted guests when you present your gorgeous roasted turkey, fresh from the oven, stuffed with your own homemade recipe of Peep Dressing!Imagine the compliments you’ll get!

“Friends don’t let friends eat fish tacos.”

Who knew Peeps could dance??

Peepdance

Go Peeps Go!

So it was all just a peeps marketing plot by KRASHGIRL?

What will these advertising types think of next?

“What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?”

Sorry to all PETP members, but I LIVE to torture Peeps!!! Every Easter in memory centers around those icky pastel creatures planting their sugary little butts in my Easter basket! Nothing like the sight of a stale 3 month old Peep with Easter grass still stuck to its body to prompt me to make good use of the little critters. I like to…

Rip them apart and float them in hot chocolate, or stick one whole on top and watch the bottom half of its body slowly melt away.

Roast them in a fireplace until their wings are charred and therefore looks like they’ve been hanging around an oil slick.

Pour molten chocolate over their heads.

Yank of their heads and feed them to the horses.

Okay, now I’m starting to feel sorry for the dozens of Peeps I’ve tortured in my lifetime. I’m off to the store now, to make peace (peeps?) with the rows and rows of multicolored chickies. But I don’t think I’ll be buying any.

(By the way, I agree with whoever thinks that the Cadbury eggs are the best! I get a few of the 4-packs every year- I LOVE them!!!)

Erin
Horseback Riding: The Sport Of Kings. Bring Your Wallet.

Ok, I don’t even like peeps but I found myself reading this whole thing and even going to a couple of the peep websites… What are you guys doing to me!!!

Hmm, you’re getting me tempted to torture some peeps this year…

Checkers324
Ride the wind, and be at one with your horse!

I would love to donate to every worthy organization out there, but it is just not possible. I have my chosen ones, and the saddlebreds are not included. I don’t think this makes me a bad person or deserving of your criticism.

Now, if someone wants to organize a movement to save those poor, innocent, cute little sugary peeps that are consumed by the millions this time every year, I may check under the sofa cusions for some spare change…

LOL!

Hobson you just made me snort tea out of my nose

I’ll be right there with you handing out goodie bags to young, sugar-loving children filled with headless, melted, and deformed little innocent peeps. Peeps have rights too! Vive la resistance des peeps!

BoonesFarm?

Definately nothing with a cork

Something out of a box?

I must say I’m confused.

Here I am, 23, and have never encountered a peep. Do we have them up here in the frozen north? Could you consider them main-course fare? Do they cry when you eat them in front of their friends?

I’m always intrigued by any member of the ‘sugar’ food group.

JUST WHAT ARE THESE PEEPS AND HOW CAN I GET SOME?!?!?

Yes dear.

But I can’t stand Peeps!! Maybe it’s because my father was killed by Peeps… The texture of them–that chewy unroasted marshmallow covered in gritty sugar–ewwwwwwww. And I am a candy FIEND too. Maybe if I roasted their little sugary bodies over an open flame…Hmmmmmmm

Now Cadbury mini eggs, on the other hand= AMBROSIA! Truly food of the gods! I am not talking about the weird chocolate ones with the yolk inside, I mean the little ones with the hard candy shell and the perfect Cadbury chocolate inside. I gave up candy for Lent and haven’t had so much as an M&M since whenever that was…End of February maybe? I am buying a bag of mini eggs so I can have it on Easter!!! ALLL MINE

hahah-omg hobson-did u take those pics JUST for us? blink blink The poor peep looks mortified!

“If the world was a logical place, men would ride side saddle.”- I have no clue