Unlimited access >

Pneumonia NEG for Covid 19 but I have CLL

Tested for what? If Corona your best option is a clinic at a teaching hospital affiliated with a university UVA and VCU can get results in hours. The one I’m in takes days. I was swabbed at 6 PM, courier comes at 5

if you have garden variety pneumonia they don’t test for that at least not at first. they X-Ray in and out in an hour. your symptoms sound like mine two weeks ago. You probably read the posts above.

Wednesday I woke up feeling better but by afternoon my temperature was going up and my breathing felt like I had a chest full of Rice Krispies. X-Ray showed pneumonia in both lungs and my temperature was 102.2. I won’t be transferred from isolation to a regular room till my test comes back probably Monday. I’m on zithromax, IV vancomycin and (sp?) Ciprophine and steroids

This is not something to mess around with. Give the birds extra food and water and GO. Who’s gonna feed them when you’re dead?

4 Likes

carolprudm it was good to hear from you and I hope you are feeling better today.

tbchick84, make sure the doctors know you have many birds

I’m still in the hospital, still on the heavy duty IV antibiotics and steroids. COVID test not back yet. It is scary how quickly things went sideways last Wednesday, about 2 hours between feeling not to bad and I need to be in the ER. I’m still in isolation but in a step down area not where I had been. Someone coded when I was there. Until my lungs are clear I don’t want to go home. The hospital is on lock down so I was alone in the ER for 11 hours while they ran meds and prepped the room. Ive never been that terrified

1 Like

it is my understanding that is how many illnesses go. Your body copes until it reaches an overwhelming level. The microbes quietly multiply until they get to a level where they know they can rapidly go forth. YOur body looses the ability to keep up or, conversely, goes in to a over-reaction which causes just as much problem.

I hold you warmly in my heart and wish you peaceful healing support

2 Likes

Please consider you will likely be safer to recover at home once your doctor affirms you don’t require ongoing hospitalization. Xrays clear well after typical pneumonia patients turn the corner clinically. So glad you are feeling better.

1 Like

Glad to hear from you and that you’ve gotten the treatment you needed - even if its unfortunately at an even scarier, isolated time to be doing it.

As another poster stated, you’ll be safer at home once your doctor is confident you’re able!

2 Likes

Mostly I am concerned that there is a remnant of undead drug resistant bacteria in there just biding its time when it’s not getting hit with strong IV antibiotics.

1 Like

you can talk to your doctor but I suspect you are going to be on antibiotics for some time. Fresh air, sun and peace of mind and comfort of home will likely go a long way. Exercise, even just walking about your yard or up and down your sidewalk will be a great help too.

1 Like

So glad you are feeling better! I’m a two time Hodgkins survivor w lung damage from radiation. I’m trying to be really careful.

1 Like

I’m home.

8 Likes

Glad to hear you’re home. Are you feeling better? Jingles.

1 Like

Yup, thanks, getting better slowly, trying to make sure I don’t over do things. I pulled a muscle coughing and that sucks because I have to cough up the junk in my lungs.

I’m just so glad to get out of isolation. The first few days I didn’t really care but after that I was even glad to see the people wanting more blood!

ETA: Still have not gotten my COVID 19 test results back, taken on the 18th. I’m assuming it’s negative.

4 Likes

carolprudm so good to hear you are home. I hope you have peace and good weather to enjoy sitting in the sun, Spring is a happy balm.

Sorry to say TBchick has not been back on line since her last post here. Very worrisome

1 Like

I have been watching for her too

1 Like

Still coughing up junk, CT showed nodules in my lungs, bronchiectasis and volume loss, back on levaquin.

This sucks

Had a repeat CT scan which showed two of the nodules in my lungs have doubled in 5 weeks so I’m having a CT guided needle biopsy next tuesday. Has anyone had experience with one? I’ll be lying on my stomach which kinda freaks me out…yes I know that’s probably silly. I’ll have twilight sedation.

Also the sputum culture came up with Penicillium sp.

And I probably have CLL

Carol, I’m glad to see you posting and sorry for what you’re going through. The Biopsy will be easy for you, drugs are great for this. The CLL is surprising, I’m hoping you have a great support team around you. Don’t despair, we are all sending lots of healing jingles your way.

1 Like

Jingling from Idaho.

Susan

1 Like

I’m week 17 of Covid19 symptoms. You sound similar to so very many people with long haul covid. Look at www.joinzoe.com for some info and look at the increasing media coverage of long term covid, such as on the BBC. Sadly, a negative antibody test does not mean you haven’t had the disease. Covid19 is most certainly not a mild, flu-like disease lasting a 10 days or so.

Basically, stay quiet, stay hydrated, take minerals and vitamins (may help), eat mainly plant-based food and wait it out.

CLL = chronic lymphocytic leukemia?