Unlimited access >

Ponies of the 80's and early 90's

what about watch out

Does anyone know what happened to the larges Inspired and Gimme a Kiss? I think Erin Fraze (sp) rode them?

~~Chelsea~~
BoomerangIrish EchoRainmanIrresistibleCapitol Scene Marlon IV*
-A proud member of: Warmblood, Junior, Pony Jumper, BBers at Night, and Pony Trainer Cliques-

He showed in the Children’s Pony’s down in Ocala with a little boy. He is currently at the Schaeffer’s Barn. They ended up doing really well down in Florida.

anyone have any pics of these ponies?

Spring Break
Simon
Homie S

Missy Appman also rode Change of Heart. I think she’s still at the Jayne’s and foaled last year.

Gosh…I know another big rider who had Set Sail too. Name is failing me right now. I want to say Molly Ashe but I don’t think that’s right.

How about these ponies -
Flashlight
Midget’s Lad
Chanel

• L.

Je suis un salamander. J’entrerai dans le feu mais je ne brûlerai pas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AOHunter:
Yeah we had Unlock the Magic at our barn last summer and then she left and I heard several much later that she had passed away

Emily
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this Emily Hartstone? Who had Kopy Kat?

formerly Emily A My karma ran over your dogma.

There were like a million Espressos. One year in FL, my barn counted three.

Anyway, I started Unlock the Magic (formerly Mammy Yocum) and just heard an ugly rumor that she died. ANy truth?

“What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?”–W.C. Fields

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cowboy:
Many of these names sound familiar. I know only the ponies that showed up her in Toronto area (Canada). I am not sure if they are the same ponies?

What about:

Pocket Rocket ”" a small grey. Ridden by Alexandria Eaton up here.

Marilyn ”" chestnut large, came from Gary Zook’s, was a very large large!

Call Me Monday ”" gray small, showed up here for a couple of years (’91-’92)

Gold River ”" small palomino, ridden by the Riley girls.[/QUOTE

Sorry, this is strange. I also had Pocket Rocket when he was green, right before Bugle Boy when I was at Old Salem with Robin Bacon (Greenwood). He was great, spooky little thing though and I had to race to get down the lines. Last I heard he was doig the short stirrup in North Salem, so not sure if its the same one? My, this thread brings back memories.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stillwaiting:
Do any of you know the whereabouts of Yes I Can? I knew the little rascal when HHV had the pony in Memphis. Pony could find mud when it hadn’t rained for weeks. Left for Tryon, NC in ?91-92. You all seem rather up to date. (as I am not)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I Can died maybe five or six years ago. The Auletto’s (sp?) were the last ones who owned her.

There must be two ponies named Disco Duck, because Keri Kampsen’s Disco Duck died quite a few years ago.

Whatever happened to:

Southern Belle – i think caitlin lane got 6th or something at pony finals on her?? Eliza Eddy did her at indoors a few years ago–and then the pony sort of seemed to drop off the planet

Rocky Road–a small pony in maryland a few years back–any news on what happened to him?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Molly99:

Interesting, because according to USA Equestrian the pony is 13.2.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no need to get snappy, this is what i had been told

Sarah
-slow down, you move too fast
you’ve got to make the morning last-

I remember Randy Sherman had a pocket rocket when he was at my barn a longggg time ago…

~~Chelsea~~
BoomerangIrish EchoRainmanIrresistibleCapitol Scene Marlon IV*
-A proud member of: Warmblood, Junior, Pony Jumper, BBers at Night, and Pony Trainer Cliques-

Katie Jaffe also rode Espresso.

formerly Emily A My karma ran over your dogma.

Mary Lindsey also rode Espresso.

Charlotte

Dabble Do Ya is owned by Erin Stewart, we was leased to many other riders over the past few years. Last year to a girl in VA. He is a large paint and since he is only 13ish, and AV is in his mid 30’s, no way it is the same pony.

By my calculations, any pony that he showed, even in his last junior year, has to be at least 20 right now.

Prince Henry was once Samantha Darling’s. He was then sold to Jubilee Farms, who also had Unlock The Magic, Stars N Stripes, etc. (Crystal and Amber Theissen)

North-

Your “Picture” is a pony who found much success under Liza Towel in the mid-90s. She was very well known before this, but it was under Liza that she won a tri-color at the Washington International. She then ended her career with a girl named Courtney Critchlow who rode with Bill Scaub.

What a GREAT pony. Not a beautiful mover, but won the models and o/f anywhere!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rockstar:
And I just have two notes…

Bugle Boy was definitely leased from Cullen by the Lane girl at Andre’s for a while. Around 1994.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rockstar- “the Lane girl” is Eliza Lane. Also, a kind of odd set of questions, but who are you, and do you know Andre?

Charlotte

Here are a few more to test the memory banks:

Jamanda
Fantasy
Minnie Mouse

Ragdoll- I used to work for GD, so I remember you riding Seymour. Wasn’t he the one who spooked at something at Buffalo and scooted to the center of the ring? I can’t remember if it was that pony or Stargazer who did that. For either one, it would have been a once-in-a-lifetime mistake.

P.S. How’s your mom?