Unlimited access >

Pony Stallion Meadowbrook's Special Edition

You failed to mention the fact that he’s gorgeous…:wink: :yes:

I heard that Fay Strasel is liquidating her breeding program and I’m pretty sure she has some Eddy babies in the group.

Yes she does, from a variety of mares back when she stood him. I had one this year, and she is amazing!

Your boy is GORGEOUS and I will cross my fingers for a filly!!!

I don’t know anything about this stallion but I read on facebook he’s now available AI.

He IS now available AI!!

Here is what he looks like. One of my welsh mares had a lovely foal by him and I’ve seen many, many others.

His pedigree - http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/meadowbrooks+special+edition

Stands at Woodlands Ponies in Virginia. Kay & Bo Randolph, owners.

meadowbrooks special edition.jpg

Well, I took a chance regarding the size question when I bought my GRP as a weanling. He is by Farscape DSF (16.2 Westfalen), out of a 12.2 Welsh.
I bought him as my own personal dressage pony, so it didn’t really matter if he went over…but I always keep the hunter pony market in mind as “plan b”.
So far at just two years old, he measures 14 hands at the croup and has horse gaits, a leggy horse frame and a sweet pony mind. He has an especially nice, big reachy canter. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he stays pony.
Any one care to chime in with your best guess for his eventual size?

What does he measure when you use a USEF measuring stick? Sounds as if you should be fine at this age (fingers crossed).

[QUOTE=kfildes;2920405]
I have to disagree as we always breed crossbred large to crossbred large and we have had all of them stay ponies. The one that we had go over was out of our large pony mare by Rofantina Gold Soverign, who is a small pony![/QUOTE]

I agree with Karen about crossing large pony to large pony. It “can” work, as long as you know the bloodlines and background on the two ponies. Crossbred to crossbred always comes with a bit of a gamble, but you can lessen the odds by knowing the history on the ponies. :wink:

Karen, what about Limited Edition though? I know you didn’t breed him, but you had him at the time of foaling, correct? He is by Meadowbrook’s Special Edition and out of the 14.1 1/2 HH TB/Welsh mare Woodlands Best Dressed, a mare we had in our barn for awhile, and he ended up going over 14.2 HH.

Old thread! Does anyone know if Meadowbrook’s Special Edition is still alive?