Unlimited access >

Possible Animal Cruelty. HELP

[QUOTE=Ambitious Kate;7687012]
We know that. Nobody calls it “catching cows”, though, you do get that, right?[/QUOTE]

Um, yes they do call it catching cows. DH had permission to hunt a large acreage but one of the things he was expected to do was report back on where the bull was, actually, which bull, so the owner knew which way to go to catch him. Not round him up or anything so colorful. Catch him.

Still looking at the writing. Pretty sophisticated punctuation, I note, with a pretty juvenile voice or tone. Good use of a semi colon. Nice accent on Fiance (I don’t know the key strokes for that, used to, but forgot, so I can’t accent fiance), and the word fiance’s with correct use of the apostrophe PLUS the accent aigu is pretty sweet. Warms my cold cold heart to see an entire post so well punctuated. Now, word usage is piss poor, but it seems a bit contrived, considering she starts out “contemplating” and discusses the “left-front” and “right-hind” with compound word type dashes there, and uses a lovely comma just after the last parentheses in " (with the tie down made from a chain)," just as a proper writer should do. I also enjoyed how she, just like my mother would say, “reached my breaking point”.

Now that Lady EB points it out, the writing really does just light up false, like a cheap string of colored lights on a plastic xmas tree, heh.

There’s a famous steer wrestler in the rodeo world called Ethan plus there’s an Ethan’s Rodeo fundraiser. Just following Lady Eboshi’s hunch this may be fiction.

http://newsok.com/national-circuit-finals-rodeo-ethan-thouvenell-goes-for-broke/article/3780835

Fiancé autocorrects with the accent mark on this computer.

Nice catch, BL.

[QUOTE=ReSomething;7687028]
Um, yes they do call it catching cows. DH had permission to hunt a large acreage but one of the things he was expected to do was report back on where the bull was, actually, which bull, so the owner knew which way to go to catch him. Not round him up or anything so colorful. Catch him.[/QUOTE]

That’s a bull, and not a cow. Catch Bull.

at.four. Dang, that was a great album.

A cow catcher is that grate-looking thingie on the front of old steam locomotives…

A cow catcher is that grate-looking thingie on the front of old steam locomotives…

So it’ll be an exciting screenplay. Better than a horse that’s really being treated like that.

[QUOTE=ThreeFigs;7687072]
A cow catcher is that grate-looking thingie on the front of old steam locomotives…[/QUOTE]

True.

The OP could also be provoking English riders into dissing Western riders.

COTHers need to be aware of traps, being a newbie is a dead giveaway (the OP joined and posted only last night).

[QUOTE=Ambitious Kate;7686766]
Oh, Bravo, well done, Lady Eboshi. You make an excellent case. Alsong with Dispatcher’s point, all of which I missed although it sure sounded like something from the land of meth heads, frankly. I believed it, but on second read, gosh it sure sounds bogus. What rider, what cowboy, would leave a horse on the trail like that? Bluey’s right, too. Its a bust.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: I’m betting the “Mary Sue” version of The Horse Whisperer. Plot, going forward:

Big scene of screaming breakup with Wussy BF, who is afraid of Evil Ethan (this being 2014, maybe they had some Brokeback action going on the side). “Mary Sue” runs to the rescue of trussed-up Misunderstood horse (preferably in thunderstorm, wildfire, tornado) where she gets in a fight with Evil Ethan, who proves his evilness even more by ripping her bodice.

“Mary Sue,” who of course is wearing a now-ripped Red Shirt and perfect hair and makeup, pushes Evil Ethan backwards down a ravine; and throwing herself onto Misunderstood’s back, they gallop for their lives through t-storm, wildfire, etc. Because “Mary Sue” understaaaaands him, possibly because she is an Animal Communicator with Second Sight inherited from her Clan of the Cave Bear ancestors, Misunderstood becomes her inseparable protector and in gratitude for the un-trussing, together in telepathic communion they beat both Evil Ethan and Wussy Ex in the big, annual, Cow-Catcher Rodeo!

Big Ray Hunk watches her, recognizes her brilliance, and carries both “Mary Sue” and Misunderstood away into the sunset in his Big White Dually. The End! :applause:

BTW–in this genre of writing, “Mary Sue” is almost always the Author.

Publishers actually pay for such stuff, because people BUY it! :rolleyes:

I’m sorry I’m not getting past horse tied down like that for 2 days in the wilderness - it’s amazing the horse didn’t come back w/ a broken leg or attacked by an animal other than human. This absolutely disgusts me no end. Who, what kind of a person thinks to do something like that - to teach a lesson. ugh sick sick sick. what the heck else does Ethan and his buds do for kicks/ drag a dog or other animal (4 or 2 legged) along the street? I hope no woman is stupid enough to get involved w/ this Ethan creep.

i agree authorities might not be able to do anything - but I’d sure as heck get off the COTH BB and get in touch w/ an animal/horse rescue ASAP to see what their suggestions would be / and/or local humane society.

I feel bad for any animal or human especially female that is involved w/ this Ethan creep what an SOB.

What is funny is that OP has dropped out altogether, clearly plot twist has been solved.

Lady Eboshi:
Now you’ve got me sold.
When will you be publishing & who will illustrate?
Gotta have pics to go with that novel & words of no more than 6 letters.
Do you think Fabio is still around to pose for Evil Ethan?

[QUOTE=Calamber;7687314]
What is funny is that OP has dropped out altogether, clearly plot twist has been solved.[/QUOTE]

wonder if it was the comments about if your fiance has friends like that - ended it for the OP… best dating advice from my mother - never trust a man that a dog doesn’t like… that goes for more than just dogs.

[QUOTE=gottagrey;7687300]
I’m sorry I’m not getting past horse tied down like that for 2 days in the wilderness - it’s amazing the horse didn’t come back w/ a broken leg or attacked by an animal other than human. This absolutely disgusts me no end. Who, what kind of a person thinks to do something like that - to teach a lesson. ugh sick sick sick. what the heck else does Ethan and his buds do for kicks/ drag a dog or other animal (4 or 2 legged) along the street? I hope no woman is stupid enough to get involved w/ this Ethan creep.

i agree authorities might not be able to do anything - but I’d sure as heck get off the COTH BB and get in touch w/ an animal/horse rescue ASAP to see what their suggestions would be / and/or local humane society.

I feel bad for any animal or human especially female that is involved w/ this Ethan creep what an SOB.[/QUOTE]

In the wilderness? The OP wrote they were in the woods.

I am praying that this is not true…even a watered down version would be horrific on so many levels.

It kind of reminds me of this nutter: http://stashlab.wix.com/andersonstables

She leased a horse from a COTHer and starved it in 8 short weeks but it was her “inspiration” to start this equestrian based gay romance series. Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up!

[QUOTE=gottagrey;7687328]
wonder if it was the comments about if your fiance has friends like that - ended it for the OP… best dating advice from my mother - never trust a man that a dog doesn’t like… that goes for more than just dogs.[/QUOTE]

I always heard that he’ll treat you at least as well as he treats a cat. If he’t nice to a cat, who will do nothing for him except maybe purr, then that would say a lot.