Unlimited access >

Possible Animal Cruelty. HELP

Tied down for two DAYS? Can you say NERVE DAMAGE, kiddies? NO WAY this horse would have been OK tied like that. I can’t lie still, on my TempurPedic mattress for more than half an hour without having to shift. I can’t lie on the ground at ALL.

No rope burns on his legs, no pressure sores, no lameness issues, just a bum nose?

I call BS, too.

[QUOTE=Field of Dreams Mini Horses;7688386]
Tied down for two DAYS? Can you say NERVE DAMAGE, kiddies? NO WAY this horse would have been OK tied like that. I can’t lie still, on my TempurPedic mattress for more than half an hour without having to shift. I can’t lie on the ground at ALL.

No rope burns on his legs, no pressure sores, no lameness issues, just a bum nose?

I call BS, too.[/QUOTE]

Worse luck, I can’t get UP from my Tempur-Pedic which now has a dip in the middle without as many lurches as our 34-year old horse–and I worry about HIM? :lol:

Why do you even have to ask if this is cruelty??? DO SOMETHING. The horse (and rider) both need help. Just different kinds!!

I would have “accidentally” found the tied up horse and called animal control. I would have NOT kept my mouth shut. I don’t care whose friend he is. I’d also be having a serious talk about this friend with my SO - him accepting that behavior would be a deal breaker for me if he maintained the friendship.

But I’m not you. I can only tell you what I would do.

[QUOTE=Sparrowette;7688336]
I always heard that he’ll treat you at least as well as he treats a cat. If he’t nice to a cat, who will do nothing for him except maybe purr, then that would say a lot.[/QUOTE]

HAHA!

I think LE is right - troll!! I hope, anyway.

I always heard that he’ll treat you at least as well as he treats a cat. If he’t nice to a cat, who will do nothing for him except maybe purr, then that would say a lot.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I learned that this is true the hard way. Cat and I both survived, thankfully.

I’m not sure about that! Villains often hide behind fluffy facades (and charities!) Knew a nasty mayor once who always took a puppy on the campaign trail. Dr. Evil anyone?

[QUOTE=Lady Eboshi;7688413]
Worse luck, I can’t get UP from my Tempur-Pedic which now has a dip in the middle without as many lurches as our 34-year old horse–and I worry about HIM? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hear you Lady E! I had to put a Sealy iComfort mattress topper on mine. Fixed the dip issue. However, My lack of grace makes me lurch anyway. No apparent cure for that… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=asb2517;7686654]
So let me get this straight…you KNEW the horse was tied up and left in the woods and did nothing??? I really hope you are a troll, because if you aren’t you are as bad as the person that did it.

Pitching a fit isn’t enough. You should have called the authorities immediately or at least made your fiance have the balls to do something about it.

If this is a true story, you need to seriously re-evaluate the people you are hanging around with, including your fiance.[/QUOTE]

this X1000

I’m not sure about that! Villains often hide behind fluffy facades. Knew a nasty mayor once who always took a puppy on the campaign trail. Dr. Evil anyone?

[QUOTE=misssmorgan;7686295]

Ethan seemed to be getting pretty frustrated with his horse and rode off separately from the rest of us.

Well we had gotten back to the truck and trailer; Ethan and 2 other guys that were riding with us hadn’t gotten back yet. Well after about 30 minutes they come back, but Ethan is riding along on the back of someone else’s horse.
Apparently the horse had tried to run off with him in the bushes and that made Ethan pretty mad. So Ethan and the 2 other guys roped the horse, laid him on his side, and tied his left- front leg, and his right-back leg up, and tied his reins to the saddle horn with his head pulled to the right side (they did all of this to keep the horse from being able to get up). They rode off and left the horse tied up on the ground (with the tie down made from a chain), in the woods, with no food or water for TWO DAYS. [/QUOTE]

Troll alert. So Ethan rides off by himself. But comes back accompanied by two other guys. Who by the account of the OP were riding with her. So she either knew something was amiss but did nothing, OR this is an epic load of BS from someone real bored at the end of summer vacation. It reads like it’s written by a middle schooler. And …I bet she couldn’t repeat this story from memory if she tried.

A horse tied up for two days and just gets up and walks home…!!! No, I don’t think so, any horse tied up for two days is probably not alive two days later let alone up and walking home!! A troll I think.

I bet it’s real … and the OP, in a rush of remorse, posted her story after telling us how she has horses “as pets.” Sounds like she’s totally controlled by the fiance: he does nothing about horse abuse even after she complains, fiance goes and looks at the horse to buy it for her and tells her she doesn’t want it because it’s nose is too injured from the abuse (why didn’t she look at the horse herself?)… I think it’s a sad tale of a young or not so young lady going along with a rough crowd and doing what she’s told.

“He got really mad at the horse and rode away, and I didn’t think anything of it.” Really? The horses nose was bleeding from the chain tie down, but oh well. “My friends tied him up in the woods, then went and got him and rode him more. Then later, my boyfriend tried to buy him for me as a barrel horse.” Disgusting.

If it is true, I hope the OP learns to stand up for herself and not just be some kind of childish person in this gang of rough customers. My imagination can just picture this group, and it’s not a pretty sight. And I agree with the poster who mentioned if you can treat a horse like this, you could certainly slap around a person if you had a notion to.

Naw. OP’s a troll. She hasn’t been back since telling her tall tale.

[QUOTE=Dispatcher;7688070]
In the wilderness? The OP wrote they were in the woods.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t the wilderness encompass woods when it comes to the hundreds of acres they rode on? Never mind semantics - I seemed to have missed the theories of a novel in the making… which makes much more sense LOL

OP should come back as there have been some good plot twists - the story as written in OP has a the makings of one of those swell Hallmark channel horse movies like the wonderful Flickas LOL. Except the heroine and fiance would’ve rescued the horse in the middle of the night, hid it from evil Ethan, and then it would become fiance’s famous money making roping horse where Ethan would then plot to steal horse…

[QUOTE=BlueLodge;7688759]
I’m not sure about that! Villains often hide behind fluffy facades. Knew a nasty mayor once who always took a puppy on the campaign trail. Dr. Evil anyone?[/QUOTE]

BlueLodge, that’s a PUPPY! A Pup will suck up to anyone!

A cat would never have put up with it… And Mr. Politico wouldn’t be able to fool the audience that the cat loved him, or even approved of him, if it didn’t.

[QUOTE=Snowflake;7688270]
It kind of reminds me of this nutter: http://stashlab.wix.com/andersonstables

She leased a horse from a COTHer and starved it in 8 short weeks but it was her “inspiration” to start this equestrian based gay romance series. Seriously, you cannot make this stuff up![/QUOTE]

Wow… so the author starved the grey TB she talks about on the website? She left that out…

Ok this is my response on the off chance this is a true story.

“Tied out” for 2 days could be a patience pole (unlikely but plausible). Obviously the horse had water or he’d be dead. Ethan sounds like a heavy handed oaf but it may not be as nefarious as the OP let on.

OP- Buy the horse, rehab him, dump fiance, get new friends, and report Ethan.

FWIW Ethan isn’t that unusual of a name for my generation (mid 20’s). There were several at my high school.

[QUOTE=2LaZ2race;7689358]
Wow… so the author starved the grey TB she talks about on the website? She left that out…[/QUOTE]

They usually do. And then they quit posting pictures of the horse or just do head shots.

Let’s not confuse the OP with the author of the Anderson Stables Equestrian Romance. That has Dustin, not Ethan.

…I began leasing a thoroughbred of my own, hoping that the gray mare would ease the pain when my temporary winter horses went to their new home in April. That lease unfortunately did not work out, but it did lead directly to the creation of this book series. (And I later ended up with the adorable Haflinger boy to the right.)

…who also looks suspiciously skinny for a Haflinger. But this has nothing to do with the OP, other than possibly both being equestrian fiction writers.