Unlimited access >

Post Up For Review- Could it be by any chance that I edited it too much?

This may sound dumb, so bear with me. I posted on the H/J forum asking for help and it was up for about a minute, after being taken down as “flagged for spam”. Could this by any chance be triggered due to me editing it a bunch? I had to go in and click ‘edit’ about 6 separate times to change grammar, spelling, etc. Has anyone else experienced this before or did it really just get flagged for spam?

Yup, the exact same thing has happened to me a couple of times after I edited more than once. Now I just let the bad spelling slide and let myself look ignorant :).

2 Likes

Fun times! I looked in one of the ongoing threads titled something like “What’s the deal with ‘unauthorized’ posts?” or something and just copied + pasted my post in a new post. It hasn’t been flagged for spam so just going to assume it was the glitch :confused:

1 Like

IIRC, editing the same post a few times can result of being flagged (which can then be ‘fixed’ by the moderator).

Or, as you have seen, cut-paste into a new reply, rather than editing an exiting reply, and you should be okay without waiting.

2 Likes

Weird… I often edit my posts multiple times within a few minutes of posting to add or rephrase things. I have never had this problem.

It might seem to be the occasional glitch? I’ve edited my posts multiple times too. Idk

This happened to me twice in the last two days, and both times after a single edit.

This never happened in years past, even though I’ve always been a terrible typist and often have to edit for that reason.

3 Likes

For the love of God, please fix this!

So many of my posts are being flagged that I’m about ready to give up and move to another forum.

1 Like

Patience grasshopper. :smiley:

A new board platform is coming… soon yes, exactly when, don’t know yet. Fixing things on this board platform are likely to not happen as resources are being focused on the migration and setup of the new board.

1 Like

Thank you, Where’sMyWhite, but . . . yeesh. :no:

1 Like

@Moderator 1

Arrrggghhh - I have two unapproved followed by the single sentence automagically approved in Racing regarding Gamine.

First unapproved had a link to the BloodHorse… took the link out thinking that might have been the problem although I’ve linked to that publication before.

Second unapproved I have no idea - any feedback possible on what word(s) or phase ticked the Unapproved gods off?

:slight_smile:

FWIW, I’ve found it suuuuper inconsistent. I’ll get unapproved, copy the post, paste it in, and submit again–and it’ll go through with no problems. Not sure what’s triggering it, but it can’t only be content!

2 Likes

My most wished for emoji… head beating against wall or keyboard :lol:

First unapproved and second were identical other than removing the actual link.

How’s this? :lol: :lol: I agree, the unapproved thing is soooo frustrating!

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://emojis.slackmojis.com/emojis/images/1584723912/8236/head-desk.gif?1584723912”}[/IMG2]

1 Like

Maybe emoji is the wrong word - I’m used to calling them emoticons (the little ‘smilies’ size)…

But what you provided is spot on how I often feel!!!

Yeah, this is a gif instead. Hey, I tried :lol: It’s oversize to account for how frustrating the “unapproved” issue is :lol:

1 Like

:lol::lol::lol:

With computers, I don’t get frustrated, just default to realizing I am an idiot and go find someone smarter that can explain things, like here.

Simkie and others have helped with answers.:encouragement:

It happens to me frequently when I edit more than once. Unless it’s a long post I delete it and try again. Otherwise I leave it and appear illiterate.:smiley:

3 Likes

you can copy the post marked as possible spam, then re-post the copied post as new a comment, correct spelling before submitting then Delete Possible Post … when I do that before deletion I will Flag the post with a comment to Moderator as to what went on