Unlimited access >

Posture Prep = Amazing!

Right? Lol! I so rarely buy new grooming gadgets- I like what I like. But for whatever reason this intrigued me.

3 Likes

I just bought three. My mares already like the method so they are getting one for Christmas. Plus two to give out as Christmas gifts for riding instructors.

4 Likes

Ok I briefly checked this thread out when it was first started and thought it looked like snake oil. But I just came back to it and realized it’s about fascial release. Which I realize is not snake oil and I’m a big believer in.

Has anyone used this tool on their back? I see a lot about the base of the neck that ties in to the shoulder, SI, and hamstrings. But what about over their back?

1 Like

I’m so glad that everyone is loving their PP! What I have found is that my horses continue to love it. On their sensitive areas, I use basically no pressure and then I repeat the same motions slowly with my fingers, very gradually adding more pressure. I can be more sensitive with my hands, I guess. Doing this turns “too hard!, too much!” faces into yawning releases.

4 Likes

Mine enjoys the lumbar area to the hips. That’s where I was getting the non sop yawning.

At first I thought Pony didn’t like the brush but then realized I was doing it too hard. Once I lightened up on the pressure he was really into it!

5 Likes

My KS horse absolutely loves having his hip and hamstrings done by the chiropractor. But we have discovered chiro causes back pain flair ups. So not doing that anymore, but I would love to continue doing fascial release for him. But it got me wondering if his back muscles would benefit too, or if all the tension usually accumulates in the SI and back.

1 Like

This video shows (her?) using the curry on the back and the withers as well.

5 Likes

Thank you for this! It’s very comprehensive and I screen shot the figure of the direction of muscle fibers; just in case I question myself during the process :wink: I’m going to buy one and try on my KS dumpster fire.

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I watched it out of curiosity. It seemed interesting and not at all “woo-woo”.

2 Likes

Mine is ordered!

Thanks for sharing the video – very helpful, I do a lot of facial release on myself (by others) because I have tight fascia and tight muscles - I get trigger point therapy and deep tissue release massages - and do bodywork on my horse to loosen her up but I still feel like there are some areas that I can’t get to properly, like her hamstrings.

Problem is my poor hands are filled with arthritis and are also actually also osteoporotic, lots of fusions in my thumbs and fingers. :persevere: Many things that I do repetitively with my hands really, really hurt! It looks like you don’t have to put a lot of pressure into this groomer which should work for me I hope? Also – who has tried it on themselves - and what results have you seen?

6 Likes

Very much so. I use fascial release on myself though not nearly as often as I should. The horses get their needs met more often than I do…

The KS horse loves it, and I bet my older Hunter will too; he loves laser work. So I bet this would be a nice treat for him.

7 Likes

What I find so intriguing about the PP is my LOVE of TTouch work. Those circle and a 1/4 movements and I’ve had profound results. Like multiple horses stretch UP through their neck when I worked in that area. And that is all fascia release work.

Again today was doing PP on my guys scar and over his whole hind end. This is a guy who hated grooming so much that I hadn’t done much in the strike zone - hams etc. I’m back and forth - gently - on his hamstrings. He just stands there and is happy about it.

I was working that scar again too. My plan is to gently work it every day I think of it.

7 Likes

According to my horses, you can enhance the PP experience by following it up with a cross fiber vacuuming with the Electrogroom. Since combining the two, my 5 year olds overtrack in walk has improved by another hoofprint. I follow the same pattern with the vacuum as with the curry. It seems to be magic.

14 Likes

My young mare alternates between hating it and loving it, all in the same spot. It’s pretty weird. She bobs her head in “stop that” frustration. Then goes to lip wiggles, then back to “stop that”.

I’ve really been working on loosening up her hamstrings lately (stretching, percussion gun, massage) and her overall soundness and posture have notably improved. She also has stopped shitting on the window ledge.

8 Likes

How has her soundness improved?

2 Likes

She was just a titch short on her right hind for the first trot of a session. She would warm up out of it in about 5 minutes and be fine for the rest of the ride. Didn’t matter how long I walked her for to start.

Now the shortness is less, and she warms up out of it faster. I’ve had a lameness eval done on her and it didn’t block to anywhere (and her suspensories ultrasounded clean), so I think it’s muscle-related. Same with the wall sitting/shitting. She’s trying to relieve some discomfort when she does that.

7 Likes

Interested to hear if anyone uses it on themselves or their dog and what those results are like. Dog is going in for CCL surgery tomorrow and we have 8-12 weeks of doing nothing so thought it could be a nice way to entertain her a bit.

1 Like

I used it on my dogs before bringing it to the barn and they loved it. Especially my one dog who always wants us to pet him on his hips got really into it being used on his hindquarters.

3 Likes

My dog loved it. She kept putting her paw on my arm when I took a break. “do some more.”
She has hip problems so I used less pressure where she is sore. When I finished after 20 min. she acted all refreshed. highly recommend PP.

On my human feet, it was heavenly. Didn’t realize
my feet were so sore and over-used.
Haven’t had time to do other areas.

6 Likes

Mine came today so I tried it out after his hoof trim. A few days ago I used my old black Grooma groomer the same way as PP recommends, and he acted as he normally does during a grooming session. Today with the PP, he really enjoyed it, yawning a lot (he’s a big yawner anyway for any kind of bodywork), head swaying. His back end was a pile of mush when I was done. Didn’t get to ride afterwards but hopefully the effects will last.

10 Likes